HP G61 PICTURE>>> http://www.it-echo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/HP_G61-511WM.jpg

LAPTOP IS IN GOOD CONDITION.
NO INDICATION LIGHTS, I PLUGGED IN BATTERY CHARGER ONLY THE TINY WHITE LIGHT ON THE SIDE WHERE ITS PLUGGED IN COMES ON.
I REMOVED THE BATTERY, STILL NOTHING, TRIED HOLDING DOWN THE POWER BUTTON... STILL NOTHING.
PUT BATTERY BACK IN AFTER 10MINS, NOTHING, TRIED LEAVING IT IN OVERNIGHT TO SEE IF IT MAY CHARGE... STILL NOTHING
NOTHING AT ALL, ITS JUST SITTING THERE DEAD

IVE HEARD TO TRY OPENING IT AND HAVING A LOOK AROUND TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY SCORCHES OR BUGZ/DUST/PIXIE DUST. SO I WILL TRY THAT AFTER I POST THIS!
(WHERES THAT MINI SCREWDRIVER I HAD???\)

ANY POINTERS/ASSISTANCE SIL VOO PLAY?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

if you try running it on mains only and nothing then it sounds like an electrical fault. (fuse, connection internal loose, chip loose, broken on off switch) or maybe the mboard is faulty after a voltage surge. Isuspect you need a service engineer.
M

Why are you posting in all capital letters? Sorry about that, meaningless comment of mune.

Back to the problem at hand, is your power supply voltage set correctly? Test your power supply unit ( PSU ). Are you good with computers if not i suggest sending it for repair to have an expert to look at it. What Mjdodd said can be true too about the motherboard problem. How old is your laptop?

It's kinda rude to post this in all Capital Letters because it usually used for SHOUTING!! and/or MAD at something.

If you doesn't know how laptop works, better just send it to local store to take a look. Also when is the last time you used it anyway?

commented: Same thinking as me above about the shouting part +10
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.