Hi,
I recently bought a computer, and it is a p4 2ghz, well it was supposed to be, actually it is 1.8ghz. But that is beside the point. It has a geforce 2 64mb video card. The card isnt THAT bad, I know compared to x1800's it sucks but yeah. It works unbelievebly crap. In battlefield On everything turned to lowest, it gets me about 19fps. What is going on, In halo, everything turned down to low doesnt pull well, just barely enough to play. And some games work slower than my old celeron 366 with an 8mb vanta. Another strange thing I noticed is that the water in most games like bf1942 and tribes 2, has very jagged edges. and it is really weird. I tried changing the drivers 3 times. I tried forceware 80, forceware 60, and forceware 17 or something. I dont know why it runs so crap.

Does anybody else have a geforce2, if so how does it run????

I am willling to upgrade cpu's, and video card. I was thinking of getting either a 6600GT, 6800GT, or something like an ati x1200, or even a radeon, 9800.

What does everyone think???

regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

well geforce 2 is crap, get a new graphics card, do you have a agp or a pci slot? the processor isnt bad so theres not much point in upgrading that. i play halo at high settings with 40 fps and my computer was quite cheap. 512mb ram nvidia geforce 5750 pcx and a 3 ghz p4. depending on your slot try and get a geforce fx, they run halo quite well.

thanks for answering, I wanted to know if all geforce2's are so horrible.
I will probably buy an fx card soon. And my slot is AGP 4x, only 4 not 8 though :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
On 8x, is everything 2 times faster?????

regards

thanks for answering, I wanted to know if all geforce2's are so horrible.
I will probably buy an fx card soon. And my slot is AGP 4x, only 4 not 8 though :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
On 8x, is everything 2 times faster?????

regards

No it is not 8x as fast. Look at tests on google as they will prove this. Also 8x cards are backwards compatable in 4x slots so you will be ok with any modern agp 8x card in your motherboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.