I have this laptop, and whenever I press the power button it lights up. Then when the windows loading screen would pop up, it is just a pure black screen (no line for the bios boot up). And then it freezes there. I managed to turn it on today, and I ran a virus scan and removed the viruses I found. Then the computer restarted, and it doesn't boot up again. When I press the button there is no beep (but I am not sure if this applies to laptops as well). When we turned it off when it was functional there was a high pitched power down sound, but now there isn't even that. what could be the problem? Another note is that it was a progressive thing. It didn't just not boot up from one day to another.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Can you boot into the BIOS, recovery partition, or diagnostics? What about booting to a USB drive or CD/DVD disc?

I have not tried booting to a usb, although I doubt I will be able to. The bios and such do not show up at all.

I have not tried booting to a usb, although I doubt I will be able to. The bios and such do not show up at all.

Then I suspect you have a hardware problem. Time to take it to the shop for diagnosis and repair.

It may be, though when I came home today and pressed the power button it turned on. While yesterday it barely managed to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.