Hi All!

Could anyone please help me with my BIG Problem =(

I have bought a Kingstom Value DDR Ram 512 MB. (KVR266X64C25/512) to be placed in my ASUS A7V266-C Motherboard. I am running Athlon XP 1900+ Processor. But when I put my RAM it only reads 256 MB in the POST up BIOS!

Even in Windows(I'm running Windows XP Prof. ) it only reads 256 MB. Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks Much!

Hi All!

Could anyone please help me with my BIG Problem =(

I have bought a Kingstom Value DDR Ram 512 MB. (KVR266X64C25/512) to be placed in my ASUS A7V266-C Motherboard. I am running Athlon XP 1900+ Processor. But when I put my RAM it only reads 256 MB in the POST up BIOS!

Even in Windows(I'm running Windows XP Prof. ) it only reads 256 MB. Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks Much!

It appears that the KVR266X64C25/512 is the suggested memory for the K7V266 & K7V266-C. I have read a few posts in other forums regarding this issue and I am sure I saw it on the asus forums as well.

Setting the BIOS manually, inplace of the auto setting, may help. I also heard that some people had to reinstall Windows as well.

Have you used Asus Update to upgrade your BIOS recently?

Have a look at vip.asus.com/forum/ for a solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.