I need some help please!
I have a Asus p4b533, pentium 4 2.4GHz, windows XP pro.

I'm getting a blue screen that says:
Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal

Idechnrd.sys
Address F7488364
Base at F7484000
datestamp 3cb4d2c0.

I tryed to restart the computer in safe mode, but its not letting me, when I select safe mode it freeze for a while and then the blue screen appears again! :(

This happens after I installed google desktop 2, when I finished the instalation it ask me to restart the computer for the changes to take effect and then stop working. but I dont think this has nothing to do with it.

Recommended Answers

All 26 Replies

"IdeChnDr.sys"
This is a driver file, having to do with the "Intel Application Accelerator."
If you know you have this file, I'd delete it ASAP, found within:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Hello my friend!

I got same message, and it was fail in HD. I Had seagate BC.

Good Luck! Jarmo

i have the same blue screen and error messages but my tech info says
stop 0x000000D1 (ox6f524557,0x00000002 0x0000000,0xf900ecd9
Rt 2500.sys address f900ecd9 base at f8ff8000 date stamp 42675c99

I have tried several registry fixes such as reg cure but to no avail and it will let me boot up and then start up for a few minutes and then crash

Sorry i forgot to add any help would be totally appreciated

Looks like this is related to Asus Mobos, another recent poster with Asus mobo has the same problem as well. DOnt know about the rest of you guys...Asus or not?

May be doing a repair install helps, as the problem is related to drivers in the Windows Folder. Repair install may solve the problem at hand.

Raj

I dont know that, can i use any other private sites link here. so i just copingy the matter that i had just read from a site.

SOLUTION:

The IDECHNDR.SYS is a driver associated with the Intel application accelerator programme. Apparently, this is a known issue.

Uninstall the programme and see if that helps.

There have been quite a few cases of the Intel application accelerator causing problems. In most cases, uninstalling the programme has helped.

Even Intel says it`s not necessarily required.

If external links are not allowed here kindly remove it from the post

For further details use the link below

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic55413.html

Less or not equal?-

This can be very well associated with the Intel application accelerator, but it sound to me that you have uncompilable RAM or your RAM has gone bad.

I suggest you download memtest 86+ and run all the mem tests, if you see any errors then one of your RAM sticks is failing.

This is a known issue related to RAM.

Here is a post, it might help.

Less or not equal?-

This can be very well associated with the Intel application accelerator, but it sound to me that you have uncompilable RAM or your RAM has gone bad.

I suggest you download memtest 86+ and run all the mem tests, if you see any errors then one of your RAM sticks is failing.

This is a known issue related to RAM.

Here is a post, it might help.

Im getting the blue screen and this is what is reads
iastor.sys-address B9E3525F base at B9E26000 Datestamp 42b2df42

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X000000D1 (0X00000018,0X00000002,0X00000000,0XB9E3525F

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT DRIVER I NEED TO FIX SO THAT THIS PROBLEM WOULD GO AWAY

The BSoD is caused by bad drivers or system devices. follow these steps to remove unused drivers to see if its an unused driver is causng the problem:

1. Press [Windows]+[Break] to bring up the System Properties dialog box.
2. Select the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables button.
3. Click the New button below the System Variables panel.
4. In the New System Variable dialog box, type devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices in the Variable Name text box and 1 in the Variable Value text box.
5. Click OK to return to the System Properties dialog box and then click OK again.
6. Select the Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button.
7. In Device Manager, go to View | Show Hidden Devices.
8. Expand the various branches in the device tree and look for the washed out icons, which indicate unused device drivers.
9. To remove an unused device driver, right-click the icon and select Uninstall.

I tried this. Nothing was grayed out, but the icon for Other Devices, and for the one device listed below it (a Gateway 30" monitor) was a yellow, 3D question mark.

al drivers thats not esential can be removed

Similar issue here, I've had the IRQL BOSD, amongst another half dozen.

Got Win 7 a couple days ago along with a Nvidia 260gtx. Installed Win 7, got that up and running then put the vid card in, everything was dandy. Updated all the drivers to Win 7 when available and installed my basic programs (word processing, web browsers, etc). Then the other day I was playing Arkham Asylum, and my comp froze. Did a forced restart and then everything went to hell. I can no longer access windows 7 or xp, everytime i try to run a disk check it restarts, ditto with the win 7 memory diagnostic, I moved the vid card to the other PCI express slot farthest from the chipset, moved the hdds to get better air flow and been running with the case open thinking it may have been heating issues, didn't work. Then i started removing ram dimms one at a time and testing thosem no dice so i bought 2 new dimms, still no go. For a brief time i was able to get win 7 to work for a few min at a time, but a few min later comps would restart, i was able to kinda fix it by using the system restore but that no longer works. I have also reformatted the windows drive and tried to reinstall XP and Win 7, neither works. Win XP partially installs but reboots, win 7 partially installs but then something weird happens and it wont boot. Tried booting in safe mode, but it get to loding the classpnp file and just stops.

System:
Athlon 64 x2 5600 2.8ghz
MSI k9n4 sli-f am2 nforce 500sli
600w PS
geforce gtx 260 core 216 896mb
80gb sata 7200rpm (OS HDD)
Kingston 4gb ddr2 667mhz (4 DIMMs)

I think some of the fixes given earlier would work, but since I can't actually get into windows, even in safe mode, i can't try any of them. Gotten a bunch of BSODs through the whole process, copied down all the error messages, but i can't find most of them online, and those that i can find can only be resolved by actually having access to the desktop., which i don't have.

New development!!!: I cannot even boot from the win 7 or xp disks!!!!!!

Anything that I can try would be helpful.

You should start a new Thread so that other users can answer your Question. Plugging your request into someonelse's question may not get any other replies.

"I moved the vid card to the other PCI express slot farthest from the chipset"

Move it back to it's original position and this will possibly solve your problem. The video card should not be moved after you have loaded windows.

The video card should always be placed closest to CPU at all times. If you use a sound card, it should always be placed fartherest from CPU.

Moving components after your installation will cause problems, if not immediately, then in future boots.

Do a "check for new components".

Put in your Boot CD/DVD. Go to managemnt console then type in CHKDSK /P

If you play games and do not save often, you can burn out the video ram and/or Ram. You can also corrupt your HDD.

My pc restart when i try to run battle field 2 then sows a blue screen an say driver not less or equal can you help please.Rudolph

I have the same problem with the same blue screen every time when I put my wireless network adapter in my laptop. I used the same card with the same laptop few months ago and worked fine...Anyone have any suggestion what I've might have changed in my windows config. so this thing happens??
Thanks a lot, Danijela

I am having a similar problem but its a little different it says

stop 0x000000D1 (ox000003400320,0x00000002 0x00000008,0x000000031003800 or something like that can any1 help me?

Hi all,
I had the same issues with BSOD/iastor.sys and couldn't boot most times. Spent a few days trying to rollback, repair, restore, even rebuild the MBR, but nothing worked. It turned out to be a nasty rootkit infection. Had to use kapersky's tdsskiller.exe to kill it. I was able to boot into safemode with command prompt and run it (though 9 times out of ten safe mode would BSOD). Once I got it to run it took about 30 seconds to find it and kill it. See these threads and sites for more info:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/967269-bsod-iastor-sys-windows-7-a.html

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684

Good luck!

i think your mb is broken

The problem is i cant even load windows menu and this shows uo the blue screen and i cant do anything at all!! I say again i cant even go into the window screen!! Help please serious issue
This happened while i was installing fresh copy if windows xp os

Hi im getting an error that sez driver_irql_not_les_or_equal Stop:0x000000d1(0x005800e8'0x0000005 and erbootet before i could get the rest of the code?

Hello, I'm sure by now you have found a solution or bought a new PC. But for those who are expirencing this now, this is what I did and so far it has worked.

I realised at the end of my error message it had in brakets my anti-virus software whitch was AVG. I had gotten this message a few days after installing Windows 8 on my PC. I tried a couple of different things before the one that worked, for example I did a System Restore, witch did not help. So I thought maybe it was a fault in the AVG program maybe finding false errors in my driver. This error would ussually pop up maybe 5 minutes after playing a game, so i guessed it might have been a Graphics Driver Error. I decided to uninstall AVG from my computer and tried out what used to make my PC crash and it was working fine with no error. I am no expert on computers but I think it might of quite possibly just been a fault within my anti virus, I also thought maybe because Windows 8 is so new (only released 4 days ago) they might not have patched this error. So I would reccomend uninstalling your anti-virus software and trying it without it, and maybe after a day re-install it or maybe a completely new anti-virus.

Hope this helped, SamHelpsYou.

I had the same problem as well .. and the solution was an incompatible RAM module was added - and ever since then, whenever I loaded multiple windows, my laptop crashed. I had the additional RAM removed on the advice of a vendor .. and touchwood, have not been having issues as fof now.

for what its worth, this only happens for me with the power cord in. when power cord is out, it quite literally never happens. still a pain in the (fill in the blank)

Friends it is due to failer of HArd Disk Remove your hard Disk and install it again.

When do get the error? If its boot in normal mode then try safe mode. Has it ever worked, When did the problem occur. Experience of AVG is with some graphics drivers aand onboard ones at that, and something else I seem to remember about the ACER software caused the system to blue screen as the desktop loaded.

But this is ayear old so what..

I have a solution! Kinda..

Irql refers to a driver that prioritises process halt requests from your hardware. In other words, to the best of my understanding this means that for some reason or another your hardware is sending a distress signal to crash the computer to avoid damage.
This can be caused by either hardware or driver fault.

This also explains why people are having different solutions eg. Faulty Ram or faulty processor acceleration drivers. You need to find the solution to your specific issue.

In my case it was a faulty wireless card that was turning off the computer, which seems obvious now because of the timing when it crashed (right at the login when networking loads).

To find your solution run safe mode (for me safe mode with networking crashed). If safe mode does not run then it is an issue with windows core files or with the more important hardware (ram, CPU or hard drive. Note that the graphics card is used as soon as the computer starts, and hard drives are used when the os is booting just after bios.

If safe mode runs then great! Watch carefully as it loads various things and watch for any
errors. Mine mentioned NDIS (network driver interface specification) the which indicated either a hardware or driver issue with the network. You may have to use google there.

If this helps then you should (turn off the pc) and remove and repeat your network card or other hardware related to the issue as hopefully this may fix the problem.

If repeating does not fix the problem remove the device and if necessary replace it (eg ram). I would if this also does not solve the problem then the issue may be a driver issue. If this is the case then use safe mode to disable unused drivers, and uninstall related drivers. These drivers may or may not be necessary and you should try various versions of the driver from an official source.

If you cannot even use safe mode and nothing else has worked it may be worth noting that the system will still run in Linux and you can easily boot from a free Linux distribution on a use drive. You can then copy diagnostic files or attempt to fix driver issues from there.

It is also worth noting that reinstalling windows will likely solve the problem if it is a driver issue, however if it is a hardware issue it may only temporarily solve the problem if at all.
I understand this may not help everyone but I hope it has helped many

~Darkspore52

Ff

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.