Well it finally happened, after 3 years my computer finally went. Aparently the motherboard shorted everything out. I upgraded a bit. I had the option of getting a ATI Sapphire Atlantis 9600 with some pretty good upgrades with 256MB DDR. The other one, that I'm testing out now, is a GeForce 6200V+ 256MB DDR2, for a cheaper price than the other one. Does pretty good with overclocking, but I'm thinking I'd be happier with the Sapphire. Just looking for a bit of input from some experienced techies. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
-eXistenZ
The real life is for people who can't afford video games.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I may catch some heat from ATI fans around the web, but the truth as I see it, is that nvidia takes ATI in benchmarks, and performance. What you really need to do though, is look at the detail specs for both, and see how they compare. I'm bias to NVIDIA, because of experiences I've had with both cards, and benchmarks I've run on the competing levels of each card. (let's face it, it's not right to compare a newer card to an older one of the opposing brand... like, comparing a card released today, to one released a year ago.) So you need to figure out if the two cards are on the same playing field first. Then look at specs, gpu speed is a very important factor here, and the number of pipelines plays a significant role in the video cards processing power. Also, you might want to look at benchmarks for both. If you can find out information such as minimum, maximum and average frame rate of both, that would be good thing to take into consideration too.

Well it finally happened, after 3 years my computer finally went. Aparently the motherboard shorted everything out. I upgraded a bit. I had the option of getting a ATI Sapphire Atlantis 9600 with some pretty good upgrades with 256MB DDR. The other one, that I'm testing out now, is a GeForce 6200V+ 256MB DDR2, for a cheaper price than the other one. Does pretty good with overclocking, but I'm thinking I'd be happier with the Sapphire. Just looking for a bit of input from some experienced techies. Any input is appreciated, thanks.
-eXistenZ
The real life is for people who can't afford video games.

get a x1900xt or x1900xtx

I don't remember seeing that in his list of choices...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.