Hi there.

i would like to ask some help here. I have a Sony Vaio Laptop which is i brought it from japan, because the OS is run by Japanese so i decided to change it into English Version. After i Reinstaller my OS into English Version, all the drivers works fine, the graphic card and all i manage to settle it only the keyboard Function key is Not working.

Example: Fn+F6 (to reduce the Brightness)
Fn+F7 (to increase the Brightness)

all the Funtion key is not working anymore. Is there anyone can help me to solve the problem? i think i need to get the sony software inorder to makes the Function Key to work? Or i can use a third party software to create the Keyboard Function Key?

Btw my Sony Vaio Model is VGN-S93PSY.

Recommended Answers

All 24 Replies

Download the Sony drivers from the US site one more time. Then go to the Windows System Device Manager and delete the existing ones... then install all the new drivers. If you don't remove or disable the old drivers, then do a clean install of all the new ones, you will never get over this problem.

Hi there.

i would like to ask some help here. I have a Sony Vaio Laptop which is i brought it from japan, because the OS is run by Japanese so i decided to change it into English Version. After i Reinstaller my OS into English Version, all the drivers works fine, the graphic card and all i manage to settle it only the keyboard Function key is Not working.

all the Funtion key is not working anymore. Is there anyone can help me to solve the problem? i think i need to get the sony software inorder to makes the Function Key to work? Or i can use a third party software to create the Keyboard Function Key?

Btw my Sony Vaio Model is VGN-S93PSY.

Hi there. I also bought the same model in Japan and I changed the OS into English. Now we have the same problem - the Fn controls are not working. The Sony USA website does not support the model since it is bought in Japan. I wonder if there is another way to solve this? Or have you figured out already on how to solve it?

Hi all - I'm in desperate need of Sony VAIO (model VGN-FJ68GP) drivers. For some reason I don't have my original sony discs with me and I'm in Canada (I am from Australia and bought the laptop there). Why is is that every Sony website except the Australian one has drivers available to download!!! And of course my model is specific to Australia.

My problem is that I took Novell networks software off my laptop and it pretty much stuffed my laptop. Well, all the stuff is there but I need the drivers to rebuild all the Sony specifc stuff like the Fn keys etc.

Anyone who can help?

you will need to link to Sony's
support site and download/install the Sony Shared Library.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNFS640&upd_id=1846&os_id=7

You need to change your model number. This is for Sony VGN-FS640

I just signed up to say thank you.
The linked driver solved my problem with my sony vaio VGN-s5xp.
Different model but worked.
Thanks

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-AW120J. My USB ports all of sudden cant detect any signal...not even from a mouse. The USB not recognized tab keeps flashing up with nothing plugged in. Any advise/help?

I spoke too soon- the Fn key is working as I can toggle Num Lk and Scr Lk and also pg up/dn,home/end but the volume and display keys still do not work- (F2,3,4,5,6,7)

I use vaio vgn_sz28gp the function keys of s1,s2&f7 is not working what type of software installed to retrive this problem plZ! any one reply me software like(sony utilitys,sony library...etc).....

my laptop key board is not working,p is not typing properly . after typing p it converts previous word to p,backspace and delete key is also not working , backspace key types ppppppp continuosly.

Which Operating System You are Using Currently.You know In the Vaio Vista is the basic Operating System When You Switch on to Other Operating System then that means If You are Install the Xp or any Other Operating System rather then Vista Some Features are Disable So May be You are Facing the Problem Due to This.If You are Using the Vista then You have to Upgrade Your Driver for Quick Launch Button.

hi guys.
well to type i have to keep the fn button pressed because if i dont, when i type some of the letters such as O that has a number too on the same button, the number comes up instead of the letter. helppppp

Hello dani thanks for including me to your web. I badly need your help i purchase sony vaio from saudi arabia i don't know exactly the model type but the os is windows vista - 64bits, my problem is that since the hard drive is almost full everytime i start opening my laptop it sound until it boots on the system, and 2nd the "w" key is not working. How can i fix all these problem please do send me answer and advice to solve this problem.

hi all :)
i have soy vaio vgn-tx52b.the problem of this laptop is keyboard not working. if u can help me plz with driver of the keyboard or something like this thnx

hi there! i have a sony vaio VGN-NR285E. i changed my OS from windows vista home premium to windows xp profesional and now the function key FN + F7 does not work.
any one help me solve my problem, please.

I use Sony Viao VGN-CR357 and I just changed to be window 7. My all function keys wasnt worked. Please help.

Try updating all drivers first. Drivers can be updated from manufacturer websites. Have you spill any liquid on the keyboard. Can an external keyboard work on the laptop.Get one from a friend or someone that has it and plug in the external keyboard into the laptop and see whether can you type anything.

i need driver funtion sony vgn-nw265f, i can't using key "fn"

Dear friend I think this problem occurred in your motherboard device. Please re-install the drivers then solve this problem.

I have a sony lap top, model: VGN-FW390 . It had windows vista originally and then I've changed it to windows 7. but it's functional keys and volume buttons aren't working. I downloaded Hardware detecting deriver but doesn't work. It errored it just work for vista! Does it mean i can't repair it never unless by windows vista again?
what should I do?

Hello
i have vaio f133 , i tried download driver for function key after change the windows(win 7) but isn't work. what should i do.
thanks

my laptop key FN board is not working. please can you help me? i bought Sony Vaio VPCYB15ag color green in riyadh then I reformat it using new upgraded OS Windows 7 Ultimate the only problem is the smart network and the Function keys such as FN+(f2,f3,f4,f5,f6,f7,f12 etc..) are not working... please help me this problem. thank you...

i want sony vaio bluetoothth driver for windows7 32bit

i would like to ask some help here. I have a Sony Vaio Laptop

Btw my Sony Vaio Model is VGN-NW265D

Please advise that under Windows System Device Manager and what file to be delete ??? ...
Also my SD Card Reader not working ?? Tried everything - what can go wrong ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.