Recently I had a new motherboard installed to replace my old one that overheated. The new motherboard is a MSI H55M-E23 that has an Intel core i5 650 chipset installed. After getting all the drivers to work, I then installed my old XFX Geforce 9500 gt (512mb gddr3) in the pci-e x16 slot. When I went to turn my pc back on it wouldn't boot. I then removed the graphics card from it's slot and it booted up just fine. The same thing happened with my DIAMOND XtremeSound 5.1/16 bit Sound Card when I put it in the PCI slot. They worked just fine in my old motherboard only 4 weeks ago so I'm not sure what the problem may be. Is is a driver I'm missing for my motherboard or some type of BIOS or maybe a hardware error?

Windows Vista 32bit
4gb ddr3 RAM
Intel core i5 650 Chipset

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Whatever burnt out your motherboard probably toasted your video and audio cards as well. Time to get some new gear!

Well I guess it is time for a change. The Capacitor closest to my RAM on the old motherboard failed and I didn't feel like replacing it plus my board was outdated by a few year anyhow. Kinda hate having to buy a new sound and video card all over again but I'll see if that'll work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.