So,my computer has been acting up. About a week ago my GPU fan started making a high pitched, loud whirring sound. This was odd, since my pc is near silent. So I turn it off, check the fan, clean it of dust, and turn it back on. It starts whirring loudly once more. So I again turn my pc off via shutdown, remove the card, and check it, everything seems fine. I put it back in, and now, my pc will no longer startup, show a display, beep, nothing. It powers up, fans work, all that.

Now some info. I did a lot of searching before posting here. Bought a replacement PSU as the info I had gathered pointed to that as the most likely culprit. Unfortunately, the new PSU made no difference. Same exact issues, startup, no display, no beeps. I've only had this PC about a year, got it a little before last christmas. I know the GPU required more wattage than the default PSU provided, but, something has got to give. I really do hope it's something else simple/cheap, I really do not want to have to replace the MOBO.

Some PC info:

ASUS Essentio Desktop PC
Model # CM1730

http://www.asus.com/Desktop/Entertainment/Essentio_CM1730/

These are the only things I added/upgraded

GPU XFX Radeon HD 5570 1GB ddr3 dp hdmi dvi pci-e
PSU LOGISYS 480W AC100-120Vac 10A ATX 20/24

I'm at my wits end here, please, for the love of Odin, help me.

markanderson007 commented: my asus eee pc904ha want boot up properly, a recent hardware or software might be the problem +0

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Update 1: Removed the RAM to see if it gave a beep/error code, nothing.

Update 2: I also removed the GPU and tried the onboard, as well as a different GPU. As well, swapped monitors and connectors, Nothing.

Update 3: Hard Reset BIOS, Nothing.

It's all pointing to the motherboard at the moment. Did you disconnect everything, including the hard disk and DVD drive, the motherboard USB connectors, anything that doesn't need to be attached to the motherboard for it to try booting. A duff hard disk caused this issue once for me.

This could be a very simple problem.
As u have said that it stopped working after to cleaned and put back your GPU card and did nothing else, this could be a problem of dust being cought between your motherboard and the casing.

Actually, your motherboard is not supposed to be contact with the metal casing, as it would cause the power to leak out from it.

Can u try blowing some air in between the motherboard and the casing, or if possible remove the board, clean and put it back again. But you have to be careful while putting it back if you are trying to do the latter.

If that does not help, then it might be a motherboard issue.
Try using a different known to be working PSU, RAM and try to turn on with just the monitor connected to the onboard display. If that doesnt work, you may have to take your motherboard to the service centre.

My pc gives me a red light where and my processor fan just keeps running at a high pitch but the rear fan don't work only shows sign of life when turned off what is wrong and how do I fix

My pc gives me a red light where and my processor fan just keeps running at a high pitch but the rear fan don't work only shows sign of life when turned off what is wrong and how do I fix

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.