Me and my friend just built a new computer...when we go to boot it up everything runs really slow. The Post screen stays on or 3-4 minutes. Everything in the BIOS is normal...temps are normal and it recognizes all the hardware...The mobo is an Asus a7n8x Deluxe
Any suggestions?

:) :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Check to make sure the memory is seated well. I had the same problem and switched the memory around in the slots.

You are using an nForce2 motherboard. Since it came out, it has been said that motherboard has lots of problems.

1.) I would suggest upgrading the BIOS to the latest revision

2.) Make sure your hard drive is set for single if you only have one drive, or master/slave if your computer has two hard drives. This could cause the slow POST (has happened to me in the past)

Me and my friend just built a new computer...when we go to boot it up everything runs really slow. The Post screen stays on or 3-4 minutes. Everything in the BIOS is normal...temps are normal and it recognizes all the hardware...The mobo is an Asus a7n8x Deluxe
Any suggestions?

:) :)

these have a "quick boot" option in the BIOS, also if you set the HDD to "manual user" or whatever instead of "auto", it won't need to autodetect the HDD on every boot. Where there's no drive, set it to "none", and disable the boot virus check, assuming you have a good antivirus program. Good luck with this and let us know how you made out

I second the idea of making sure your hard drives are configured properly. I had the EXACT same problem with a new Nvidia system I just built. Once I had the hd's configured properly the boot up FLEW by..

Use the virus scan verify ther there is no virous on your system

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.