Good evening guys...

I just purchased a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop with the UXGA screen, which runs at 1920 x 1200 screen resolution. The screen brilliance and text resolution is awesome!!!, BUT every picture displayed on Internet Explorer is quite blurry. This includes regular images (like pictures) as well as banners (like the "<DANIWEB>" icon above. Is there any way I can fix this, or is this a trade-off with having such a high-resolution screen? Are the images on websites not of sufficient resolution to be displayed on my screen? HELP!! (if there is any hope!) THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! :?:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi,

I've been having the same problems to with it. Does the icons on your windows toolbar also appear fuzzy? Please contact me <email snipped>

howjet

contact me regarding this manner at ,<email snipped>. I think there's something to solve here.

why dont we speak of this mannor on the forums? isnt that what this place is for?

why dont we speak of this mannor on the forums? isnt that what this place is for?

*dusts cobwebs off the forums and looks around for people to post something*

Yay! At least we got a response though :)

Any idea of what could be wrong?

It has to do with the default font DPI. If you can handle the eyestrain, which it to "normal" or 96dpi. Dell upsizes the widescreen resolution to 120dpi, which causes the distortion.

http://www.notebookforums.com/showpost.php?p=564703&postcount=6

The link shows you how to make the change using regedit for just IE and not your desktop fonts.

I was looking for this solution and found my way to this site and decided to come back and post the fix I found. :)

- Cujo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.