I have a Dell Inspiron 5000. It was running XP fine until someone spilled liquid in it. After letting it dry out several days I gave it a try. It Would power up but not boot. I tried reinstalling from an XP disk but all the farther I get is The DELL logo sgreen. Then I just get black screen that says "Error loading operating system_"

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You should open it up and clean it. Especially the cable connections.

I have a Dell Inspiron 5000. It was running XP fine until someone spilled liquid in it. After letting it dry out several days I gave it a try. It Would power up but not boot. I tried reinstalling from an XP disk but all the farther I get is The DELL logo sgreen. Then I just get black screen that says "Error loading operating system_"

When you boot the PC, press F2 and enter setup. Go to the "Drive Configuration" section and see if any Hard Drive(s) are listed. More than likely, you're not going to see a drive listed.

You could start by replacing the IDE cable on the HD and if that still doesn't work, you will need to try another HD.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.