IBM thinkpad ,vertial lines on the top half of the screen ,they show as yellow,blue and pink on a light background ,1 solid blackline on the blue desktop about 1/4 in apart. hooked to my monitor via a KVM switch they are not there so its in the laptops screen ,is it fixiable !!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sounds like a bad monitor.
Or at least some bad pins.

its older ,i think a pen 200 / 40 megs ram .

At least some bad pins,

just what do you mean by pins and are they fixable ,.Im not use to laptops ,I pulled apart a few big monitors and lots of computers but not laptops .

IBM thinkpad ,vertial lines on the top half of the screen ,they show as yellow,blue and pink on a light background ,1 solid blackline on the blue desktop about 1/4 in apart. hooked to my monitor via a KVM switch they are not there so its in the laptops screen ,is it fixiable !!

It might be a ribbon-cable problem. The cable might be loose, but it's not likely. An LCD screen is divided into two parts, upper and lower--if something is affecting only one half, the problem could be either electronic or mechanical. Look over some of my other replies in reference to LCDs in this forum for clues. I was going to quote myself, but it's all here in the other messages...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.