hi, i just bought my girlfriend a laptop for her b'day, but before i give it to her, i want to make back to factory settings, the only problem is i didnt get any cds with it. all i got a the charger a bag and a few games with it, i would like to restore the laptop back to how it would come from the shop, any help would be great thanks?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can order the CD fro Dell, you need your serial number... OR, under programs, you'll have the Dell icons, and you can reset settings there.

is there any where eles i can get these cds as i dont think the cds will come in time, i have bought windows xp pro from my local pc world store, but it has not done the job all old files are still on the laptop?

is there any where eles i can get these cds as i dont think the cds will come in time, i have bought windows xp pro from my local pc world store, but it has not done the job all old files are still on the laptop?

If you want to get rid of the old files you have to format the HD. You can do that with the windows CD. During install it will ask you if you want to format, choose that option.

you can also take the service tag number off the bottom of the pc and download all the original spec drivers and some applications directly off the dell support website for your specific machine

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.