Made an experiment:
1. connected SONY camera's composite out to computer audio line-in
2. recorded incoming audio/video signal as sound using SoundForge program (stereo recording - one recorded audio (can clearly hear it), the other channel is video (hear as noise)); saved as WAV file
3. copied WAV file onto MP4 player
4. used composite audio/video cable (came with SONY camera), connected it to stereo audio output of MP4 player - connected it to TV

Results:
- heard audio signal (nothing special)
- picture on TV was just some noise (experiment failed)

-------

What went wrong here? How come picture didn't show?
How can it be made work?

---------------------------

Idea for this interesting little experiment came to me when I thought about if it is possible to make a program for Pocket PCs (Smartphone) which don't have TV out to emulate audio/video signal using Pocket PCs earphone terminal.

Can such program be made?

...What? This issue is not interesting for you?

...I don't believe it. No one answered yet...

Made an experiment:
1. connected SONY camera's composite out to computer audio line-in
2. recorded incoming audio/video signal as sound using SoundForge program (stereo recording - one recorded audio (can clearly hear it), the other channel is video (hear as noise)); saved as WAV file
3. copied WAV file onto MP4 player
4. used composite audio/video cable (came with SONY camera), connected it to stereo audio output of MP4 player - connected it to TV

Results:
- heard audio signal (nothing special)
- picture on TV was just some noise (experiment failed)

-------

What went wrong here? How come picture didn't show?
How can it be made work?

---------------------------

Idea for this interesting little experiment came to me when I thought about if it is possible to make a program for Pocket PCs (Smartphone) which don't have TV out to emulate audio/video signal using Pocket PCs earphone terminal.

Can such program be made?

I need something like this but from a Scope I can see the video wave Form so how do I convert this to AVI the output is has only X And Y values

I admire your curiosity and experimentation! However, the video signal has a much higher bandwidth than audio. Most domestic sound cards will record audio up to about 20 kHz - this is limited by the sample rate, which is normally 44.1 kHz. The sound card will filter off anything above 20 kHz to prevent aliasing. In contrast a standard definition composite video signal has a bandwidth of about 5.5 MHz. Crucially the synchronisation pulses that the TV needs to display the picture have a duration of just 4.7 micro seconds so with such a low sampling rate on the sound card, these are essentially removed. Similarly the output from a phone can only go up to about 20 kHz so cannot generate a video signal - sorry!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.