I have a IBM TP600E with Win98SE. I can't seem to get the internal modem (DSP) to install. I keep getting the following error message."Setup cannot load the the installer mwci.dll for the Mwave DSP hardware being installed. Please help if you can.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What drivers have you tried? Are you installing from a CD/Floppy, or is the driver downloaded? Have you tried searching for the mwci.dll file? Where is it located currently?

I suggest installing the driver from different media or something. Even further, you might want to consider reinstalling Windows 98. That dll file may be a part of the OS.

I downloaded the drivers from IBM website. All appears normal until you get to install the the DSP, then you gat the referenced message.mwci is in Win systems where I copied it to. However I still get the cannot install message.

error loading->scsint.dll

I have a IBM TP600E with Win98SE. I can't seem to get the internal modem (DSP) to install. I keep getting the following error message."Setup cannot load the the installer mwci.dll for the Mwave DSP hardware being installed."

It sounds like it's most likely a hardware problem, a defective modem. It can't load the installer bcause it can't find the hardware, it seems to me.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I guess the problem is the hardware.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.