I have an HP Spectra x360, which I've been very happy with, however, lately it Chrome gets to a point where it causing high CPU utilization and freezes the computer.
I didn't install any new extensions, software or hardware. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

In spite of you not installing/updating, Chrome, Windows and other browsers can do update. I find myself clearing cache, ejecting all addins and then another user account. So far that's worked for me.

Does Task Manager show anything unexpected running?

Have you actually examined the Chrome extensions list to make sure nothing unexpected is there as well?

Is it just the Chrome client that causes your x360 to freeze?

When you say freeze, does the x360 just sit there until you give it the three-finger salute/power off, or does it crash?

Have you executed a deep scan with a decent anti-malware app such as Malwarebytes (they also have a solid rootkit scanner which might be worth running)?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a happy Spectre x360 user myself (i5-6200U, 8GB, Win10) and Chrome (56.0.2924.87) is my browser of choice. Has all the latest updates and doesn't exhibit this freezing behaviour, so I'm keen to get to the bottom of it so I can avoid whatever it is in the future :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.