After months of waiting, I am ready to invest in a gaming laptop with all the features included. Looking for something with great graphics and performance, possibly 16GB Ram.

My budget is under $2000 and brand is not a priority.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I'll start at https://www.cnet.com/topics/laptops/best-laptops/gaming-laptops/

The razer is not on my list due to heating issues. Yes, you can put it on a cooling pad but my son has one and is not happy about it.
The ROG, Acer are units we either have or seen. Would buy again. Currently on an Acer Predator w/i7 1060 GPU, etc. Very nice, was just at 1,100USD.

Lenovo isn't one I would consider as my y510p showed flickering on some colors due to PWM displays.
The Digital Storm has never been seen here. Pass just because you don't want be be beta testing.

The Dell is for cheap play, and HP burned me on a laptop under warranty so this shouldn't be on the list.

-> My Acer gets a lot of typing and the keytops show no wear at 10 months. My Asus ROG has a spare keyboard when I move it out since I wore down the keys in just 18 months.

Hello everyone
I promote my FB account to advertise my site. Now I’m choosing a laptop. I want to buy the best Laptops for Video Editing. I read on the Internet that ASUS VivoBook Pro is quite good. But it’s really expensive. I also like that it’s thin. What do u think?
https://www.bestadvisor.com/asus-chromebooks

Maybe OMEN by HP 15.6-inch Gaming Laptop? It is cheaper and has good technical characteristics.
Thoughts?

commented: Video editing then a link about Chromebooks. That's spam to me. -3

I would suggest you go with ASUS or MSI because these companies have the best gaming laptops, I know that you don't care about the brand but brand matters because after sale service is also very important. Coming to the laptops, If MSI then go for " MSI CUK GP73 Leopard VR Ready 17 Inch" and if you want to go with ASUS then go for "ASUS CUK ROG Strix Scar GL703GM 17.3 Inch", So these are the gaming laptops which are highly recommended from my side because I've experienced these laptops personally.

I had a 17” MSI gaming laptop that I was very happy with for many years.

Lenovo parities cost and capacity to convey a balanced gaming PC that can deal with the majority of what the normal gamer can toss at it.

Lenovo Legion Y520. ...

Asus TUF Gaming FX504. ...

Dell G5 Gaming Laptop. ...

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Gaming Edition 5577. ...

Acer Aspire 7. ...

Sign by HP 15.6" Gaming Laptop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.