it looks like that you have a SATA drive, and window doesn't recognize some of sata controllers, you need to install sata drivers befor installing windows. while the drivers initialization, you are offered to press F6 and install SCSI of SATA drivers. you just press F6 insert floppy disk(it must be delivered with your motherboard) with drivers and install them

hey
i also have the same problem i have a fujitsu siemens M 1437G laptop. i tried to install xp but it said harddisk not found and i dont any floppy drive in my laptop and wen i insert the driver disk it goes to recovery optiion ..please help me

thanks in advance

devil

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Is the BIOS finding your drive?

Is the BIOS finding your drive?

i have two laptop same model and having the same problem there is no option in the bios where i can see whether the hard disk is detected but i had just installed windows98 on my laptop and wen i try to upgrade it shows some bluescreen with some error and halts.

thanks

devil

I dont think laptops have SATA drives (may be wrong though). If this is the case, it's possible the lappy's HD may have crashed or a cable may have come loose. Tighten the data and power cables and see if the drive is being detected...

I dont think laptops have SATA drives (may be wrong though). If this is the case, it's possible the lappy's HD may have crashed or a cable may have come loose. Tighten the data and power cables and see if the drive is being detected...

hey
i have checked the hard disk is sata and i took my laptop to the shop they r that i need to buy a external floppy drive and copy the drivers to the floppy.then my hard disk will be detected ..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.