Hello all!
This is my first post here so go easy with me!

I have been putting together a new build machine using a Foxconn 6497 motherboard and a ATi radeon X300 64MB graphic card.

The board has no built in graphics ,so hence the small graphics card just to get things going through set up and installing the operating system.

Problem:
..after sloting in the graphics and turning the power on,a the motherboard strats beeping and no picture being sent to the moniter,removed the graphics card and the beeping stops.

Can someone tell the the likley cause,how can i get around it?
bearing in mind i can not get a picture up to install drivers etc..

Many Regards,

Ben.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you 100% that you have compatible parts? How many beeps or is it consistent? No picture at all on screen?

I am sure the parts are compatible.
The beeps are constant,no picture at all,not even a flicker.

i have a Nvidia geforce 7300, do you think its ok !? please reply these message or send me a pm, thanks bye ;)

Hello all!
This is my first post here so go easy with me!

I have been putting together a new build machine using a Foxconn 6497 motherboard and a ATi radeon X300 64MB graphic card.

The board has no built in graphics ,so hence the small graphics card just to get things going through set up and installing the operating system.

Problem:
..after sloting in the graphics and turning the power on,a the motherboard strats beeping and no picture being sent to the moniter,removed the graphics card and the beeping stops.

Can someone tell the the likley cause,how can i get around it?
bearing in mind i can not get a picture up to install drivers etc..

Many Regards,

Ben.

Bulldog UK - Sheet metal machinery supplier

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.