Often as soon as windows starts to load, screen goes black, LED goes orange & screen reads NO INPUT SIGNAL & then POWER SAFE. I have checked connections to & from PC. Any ideas s to cause/ solution, please.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

So do you get a blank screen for hours, or does the Windows loading screen come up after a few minutes? Because my main PC at home does just the same thing for a few seconds between the BIOS/Bootstrap Loader letting go of the video output and Windows picking it up. If so, don't worry about it.

If you are getting nothing but a blank screen, check your PC with a different monitor and your monitor with a different PC (preferably, the monitors and PC's would be similar, IE same OS, same video card, same monitor driver). If your PC works fine with a similar monitor, and your own monitor gives the same problem with the other PC, then the problem is probably your monitor. If your PC doesn't display on the other monitor, and your monitor displays the other PC without this problem then I would update your drivers (monitor and video card) and test again.

So do you get a blank screen for hours, or does the Windows loading screen come up after a few minutes? Because my main PC at home does just the same thing for a few seconds between the BIOS/Bootstrap Loader letting go of the video output and Windows picking it up. If so, don't worry about it.

If you are getting nothing but a blank screen, check your PC with a different monitor and your monitor with a different PC (preferably, the monitors and PC's would be similar, IE same OS, same video card, same monitor driver). If your PC works fine with a similar monitor, and your own monitor gives the same problem with the other PC, then the problem is probably your monitor. If your PC doesn't display on the other monitor, and your monitor displays the other PC without this problem then I would update your drivers (monitor and video card) and test again.

thanks David. Will try that when I get a chance. won't be for a few days, but will let you know result.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.