Hi boys and girls.
Today on starting up my computer ive experienced a monitor problem.
I initially get green vertical lines on a black screen (on start up) these then turn purple when windows kick in. Thet are about 2 inches thick and about 4 inches inbetween bands! I suspected a cable/ connection problem and tried unplugging and replugging in my monitor cable (both ends). Ive also tried turning off my video card...changing resoloutions and colour dispolays etc but nothings worked. Any bright person out there who can help?
Ben

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Update. I think this may be a LCD display matrix driver failure (ah the power of the internet). Any one know if this is fixable or do i have to bin it and get a new one?

Update. I think this may be a LCD display matrix driver failure (ah the power of the internet). Any one know if this is fixable or do i have to bin it and get a new one?

If it is the driver then you should beable to uninstall it and reinstall it with the OEM driver,you should beable to get it from the manufactors website if not try google. Here is a free utility that finds dead pixels in a LCD display try this and see if it helps diagnose the problem http://udpix.free.fr

If you are getting these lines when you first turn the machine on then you have a hardware issue for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions guys
Ive tried plugging my monitor into someone elses laptop and it worked fine so i dont think its a ahrdware problem.
How would i go about uninstalling my display driver? I tried downloading a new driver from neoves website ....but following installation nothing seemed to work

Have uninstalled all my videocard drivers and installed latest updates
This seems to have made my monitor run at a higher resolution but the purple lines remain they are just narrower and theres more of them!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.