Hi there...

My computer occassionally beeps but will not go any further. The sequence of beeps are

1-3-4-3

That is beeps of course. It started a while ago, but only did it like once every 4 months. It happend once last night while the computer was on, the computer froze then I tried to restart it and it did the beeping thing.

This morning it froze again and did the beep thing.

Any suggestions?? I would appreciate it.

Thanks tons :cheesy:

Kim

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Assuming it's Phoenix BIOS the information I have about it says to check your RAM in the first slot.

Basically, I'd just check your RAM first.

Assuming it's Phoenix BIOS the information I have about it says to check your RAM in the first slot.

Basically, I'd just check your RAM first.

I opened it up this morning and wiggled everything and blew it out, and it started back up. I just needed to know what was causing it for when it happens again. I just was hoping it wasn't a virus that I was unaware of.Or something more serious.

It is a HP pavillion 531w.

The HPs I know have AMIBIOS not Phoenix. What is yours?

You're not likely to magically fix it. Wiggling stuff could cause more damage if you don't know what you're doing, so be careful. Something is wrong and to find out what you need good diag information in at one end to get a reasonable answer out the other.

What BIOS do you have? Codes are different between BIOSes.

The HPs I know have AMIBIOS not Phoenix. What is yours?

You're not likely to magically fix it. Wiggling stuff could cause more damage if you don't know what you're doing, so be careful. Something is wrong and to find out what you need good diag information in at one end to get a reasonable answer out the other.

What BIOS do you have? Codes are different between BIOSes.

Lol I dont know where can I find this out?

Well, as a starting point just assume it IS RAM and get that tested.

If you really aren't comfortable with this it would be best to get it looked at in a store otherwise you could cause more damage without knowing it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.