Hi

I need some help

I am trying to upgrade my dreamsys 5001 from 128mb to 512mb -but nothing happens (apart from a few bleeps and no action on the screen). I put the old memory in and tried to adjust the bios but it won't let me access that part of it - is there any way of teling it I'm upgrading the memory or am i wating my time and money??

All help welcome

Prussik

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

first you need to make sure the 512 chip is compatible with your computer /

....how do you do that?

Hi

I need some help

I am trying to upgrade my dreamsys 5001 from 128mb to 512mb -but nothing happens (apart from a few bleeps and no action on the screen). I put the old memory in and tried to adjust the bios but it won't let me access that part of it - is there any way of teling it I'm upgrading the memory or am i wating my time and money??

All help welcome

Prussik

Hi Prussik

I'm in a similar situation (I'm a newbie to this) ... I'm Upgrading a MSI 6178 Mobo. It takes SDRAM DIMM'S x 2 max at 512mb. I got a Kingston Ram stick (KVR133x64C3/256. Same problem, the speaker squarks and will not run at all. 1st I thought it was the CL3 cache problem but no - another stick worked OK. :sad:

If anyone can help on this please jump in!

Prussik I recommend checking out the Maker's and spec's. Check also any written detail on the stick, type in a search engine and see what you get?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.