I built a PC for a friend about 6 months ago, K8NE motherboard, AMD 3400+ processor. It ran smoothly until he moved apartments. Lately, He's been getting a continuous low buzz from the system, sometimes on startup, othertimes while in the middle of running a program. Aside from being annoying, it hasn't seemed to have any effect on the way the system runs. I found that his heatsink cooling fan was working only intermittently, and after replacing it, it seems that the Motherboard CPU mini-plug doesn't seem to be powering properly. Is this the source of the beep? Does it indicate a bigger problem? Lastly, is there a way to disable the tone?

I built a PC for a friend about 6 months ago, K8NE motherboard, AMD 3400+ processor. It ran smoothly until he moved apartments. Lately, He's been getting a continuous low buzz from the system, sometimes on startup, othertimes while in the middle of running a program. Aside from being annoying, it hasn't seemed to have any effect on the way the system runs. I found that his heatsink cooling fan was working only intermittently, and after replacing it, it seems that the Motherboard CPU mini-plug doesn't seem to be powering properly. Is this the source of the beep? Does it indicate a bigger problem? Lastly, is there a way to disable the tone?

What does the manual say about the error beeps? Are you talking about the square four pin connector from the PSU or the three pin connector of the fan?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.