My computer wont boot. Im getting power to the MOBO but nothing is happening, fans are running Video card is getting power, im getting nothing on my screen (it goes to green then into hybernation Yellow) I cant get into BIOS. I replaced the battery and still nothing. the interesting thing is, the hard drive light stays on but nothing is happening (10-15min) i tried moving the jumper for the bios and that didnt work. Any ideas. also ive pulled everything out and reseated it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My computer wont boot. Im getting power to the MOBO but nothing is happening, fans are running Video card is getting power, im getting nothing on my screen (it goes to green then into hybernation Yellow) I cant get into BIOS. I replaced the battery and still nothing. the interesting thing is, the hard drive light stays on but nothing is happening (10-15min) i tried moving the jumper for the bios and that didnt work. Any ideas. also ive pulled everything out and reseated it.

well have u tried to replace the vcard or psu or even the memory? try getting into the bios by pressing either the del or f2 or f10 or alt n esc?

first thing you do is disconnect all HDDs and try to turn the pc on. if that works - obviousely the HDD is the problem.
else (talking like a real programmer now) try to remove the ram from the slots and turn the computer on. if you don't hear beeps, you're in trouble, that probably means your cpu is fried.

I was taught,to reset Bios,hold down(without letting go)insert key as you power on.Or remove cmos battery and wait 15 minutes before replacing.Insert key trick worked for me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.