Ok here is the problem, my computer keeps shuting down and some the lights stay on and the cpu fan stops but the power supply fan is still runs. Very randomly it could stay on 5-10 hours ever since i put in a new Nvidia video card and 1G of ram before it had ingrated graphics and 256 ram.

Now it doesnt even get to the login screen it shutdowns at the loading Windows XP. I play heavy run down games like World of Warcraft too.

Now im wondering if its my power supply i tried safemode taking out the new stuff that i upgraded like the ram graphic card etc. and putting back in the old.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Ok here is the problem, my computer keeps shuting down and some the lights stay on and the cpu fan stops but the power supply fan is still runs. Very randomly it could stay on 5-10 hours ever since i put in a new Nvidia video card and 1G of ram before it had ingrated graphics and 256 ram.

Now it doesnt even get to the login screen it shutdowns at the loading Windows XP. I play heavy run down games like World of Warcraft too.

Now im wondering if its my power supply i tried safemode taking out the new stuff that i upgraded like the ram graphic card etc. and putting back in the old.

If the CPU fan stops but the PSU fan continues to run then your problem may be the fan or its connection. If the fan isn't running the CPU will over heat and shut down the computer.

heat or insufficient air flow over the cooling fins usually due to accumulated dust is a known enemy of the CPU.
if the PSU fan is still running after shut down then it's possible that the PSU didn't get the msg. to stop. check if not clean the CPU fins, check BIOS settings, consider a new PSU or at least try another.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.