I have a Dell Dimension 4700. It has 512mb of DDR2 RAM. I would like to upgrade to 2 sticks of 1GB each so that I will have a total of 2GB. I think I'm gonna get rid of my 512mb that I have now because its 400mhzt and I wanna get 533mhzt so i guess its smart to do that. Is it?
I was wondering about the voltage I need because there are many different options. I looked on newegg.com and they have a bunch of different voltages like 1.8V, 1.9V, 2.0V, and I even saw up to 2.25V. so I wanted to know which one I need for my computer. Thank you for your help. -Jake

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

do a google search for crucial memory and tell thier wizard your pc make and model and it wil show you all compatble choices.

Thanx guys. I am wondering if its an error when it sais that I can use DDR2 PC2-6400 (DDR2 800 mhtz) cuz thats just really great if its true but i always thought it goes only till PC-5300 (DDR2 533mhzt).
Can someone please clarify if I can use PC-6400?
Thank you all for your help.
-Jake

jake...if Crucial lists it as compatible with your computer you can take it to the bank.

Just to make sure that you didn't list it being the C or MCE model I checked them as well...they're all capable of using PC6400.

sweet! thats very exciting news! so I'm gonna upgrade with 800mhtz DDR2 memory! woohoo!
Thanks everyone!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.