Hi, I have a celeron D right now and i am looking to upgrade my cpu would a core 2 duo fit in the same socket? or do i need a new motherboard

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

What motherboard are you going to use?

I intend on using the same motherboard as i have now i just want to know if my mother board that has a 775 socket could host a Core duo

Computers are an extremely complex machine...since their inception, no other man made device has caused humans to make as many stuff ups as they have, accept for the exception of Tequila and handguns!

What dcc means is, that we will need a total rundown on your mobo and system specifications in order to make a correct analysis for you.
Its just not as simple as a fitting socket!

If you are not sure about your full system specs try a freeware program called Everest! (It will give you all we need)
Available here...http://www.majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Free_Edition_d4181.html

Regards..:cool:

Thanks for saving me the effort digitalocksmith. Another utility that may provide further detail is SIW, it is free as well.

By the way, there are ten models of the socket 755 Celeron D Prescott-256.

i did that but i came out with about 7000 words on my computer im not sure what to put here.

[ Processors / Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU ]

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer Intel
Version Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU
External Clock 133 MHz
Current Clock 3066 MHz
Type Central Processor
Status Enabled
Upgrade ZIF
Socket Designation Socket 775

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D 346, 3066 MHz (23 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA P4M800 Pro
System Memory 1024 MB
BIOS Type Award (07/03/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

uhh >:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.