It will boot, I can ge to the BIOS, it will even load to the OS. The HDD light comes on and thats it. The only way to get it to shut down is to turn the PSU off. It's not the HDD it will even do it with no drives at all. Any ideas? Maybe some software that I can get to test the board from a bootable cd?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

it will even do it with no drives at all.

must be hard to load os with no hdd,lol ,this could be a software issue ,software im refering to is winxp.did you try going into recovery console and running a repair ,when there type in ,chkdsk /f

not a software issue, like i said the hdd light will come on without any drives installed in the box

check the ide cable maybe its turned aroung the wrong way on the mobo. if that does not solve the problem, check your power connection on the mobo, as for checking the board with a bootable cd thats a no no. not without a HDD in the box. as for powering down. are u reffering to the shutdown command, give a little more

not a software issue, like i said the hdd light will come on without any drives installed in the box

not to be picky but how can the hdd light come on with not hdd in the computer .hdd light indicates activity of hdd.are you referring to the front panel power light .
as for one of my questions in previous post ,did you try to use you winxp cd and go to recovery and run the repair i suggested .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.