Hi

I've just built a new system with an Asus A7V8X-X mobo, 512 ddr mem, Radeon 9200se video card, but although it goes through the POSTscreens, it will not boot into windows xp and restarts every time. I've updated the BIOS, changed every setting imaginable in the BIOS and tried starting it with the minimum attachments (vid card, mem, keyboard). The BIOS does recognize agp 8x, but won't allow me to change this setting. Not that I want to, as the vid card is agp 8x.

I hope someone has some ideas, as this is the first time I've built from scratch and it's doin my head in!

Thanks for any input.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try booting from a boot disk or bootable CD-ROM. Does it boot then?

Hi Puckdropper

Thanks for your response, but I 've had some success. I didn't realise that XP will not migrate from one machine to another and that I had to do a fresh install. Everything is working great now.

Wombat :cheesy:

Good to know you're ok. Yes, when changing machines, especially with other chipsets it's best to clean install.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.