Hi everyone, I know we are not supposed to post technical questions here but I have no idea where I am supposed to post my question. I am in desperate need of help and have joined this site to see if someone can help me with my problem. Here goes:

I have recently moved into a new apartment and every time I start my computer I get the blue screen and the message Driver IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. It will literally keep restarting many times over and sometimes give me the black screen which allows me to choose sade mode. The only thing that I have been able to do is work in safe mode or work regularly with my wireless turned off. However, I really need my internet to work. It will give me the blue screen as soon as I enable the wireless. The weird thing is that I have never had this problem until I moved into this apartment. I work at other locations(with wireless turned on) with no problem all day and only have problems when I come home. Can anyone help? I am VERY challenged when it comes to computer jargon so please dumb it down. Thank you sooo much for taking the time to read this and to help me!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Your wireless router might be sharing the same frequency and channel with a neighboring router.

This has happend on multiple locations in the building. Does that make a difference? What should I do?

I forgot to mention that I have not set up my router yet. It must be picking up a signal from someone else in the building?

Set up your router, keep wireless disabled, connect directly to the router via ethernet and move forward from there. You'll need to do this to set the router up anyway.

Then you try wireless networking having set the router to a different channel number than the ones you're currently connecting to.

Do a bit of reading of the router manual to give you enough how to do information on the above.

And, of course, stay in touch in the forum as you make progress.

I am having the same problem. I have used my laptop for 2 years with no problems connecting to wireless. In fact, I was usin git earlier today with no problem.

Then I installed a new Airlink Wireless N router and BLAM, blue screen. I tried changing the channel on the router (several times), but as soon as I turn the wireless on, BLAM--blue screen. I will try going back to the old router to see if that makes a difference. Weird@

HELP!

OK, I put the old router back and no blue screens. What does that mean about the new Airlink router? Is there something else I should change besides the channel? Does MHz matter? Of course, when I swapped in the old router, I have lost my password so I am now reliant on the neighbor's wireless as a backup.

ARRRGH!

OK, I put the old router back and no blue screens. What does that mean about the new Airlink router? Is there something else I should change besides the channel? Does MHz matter? Of course, when I swapped in the old router, I have lost my password so I am now reliant on the neighbor's wireless as a backup.

ARRRGH!

Your router will have a factory reset button that you can hold down for 10 seconds and then the password willbe what it says in the manual. Of course any security settings will be lost if you do that.

With regard to the blue screen - perhaps you could let us have the message. it usually means there is a conflict that causes a memory violation. It shouldn't happen, of course even if you have mismatch between what your laptop wireless protocol is and that of the router. try matching that (802.11x where x is what you're trying to match).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.