I have put the cable in both ways (one way, light was on, the other, nothing)
I have changed out different Drives... still nothing.

Ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

maybe your mobo drivers are messed up? bad cable?

changed the cable...
computer wrks fine, 'sept for the floppy

- Does your BIOS recognize the drive(s)?

- What is the exact behaviour of the failure(s)?

BIOS Does recog. The drive

What do you mean by the behavior?

In other words- what exactly do the drives do when you insert a disk? Do they sound like they engage and spin the floppy, do the drive lights indicate activity?

Also- what's the history of the problem? Did this just unexplainably start happening, or did something happen around the time of the failure which might account for it?

In other words- what exactly do the drives do when you insert a disk? Do they sound like they engage and spin the floppy, do the drive lights indicate activity?

Also- what's the history of the problem? Did this just unexplainably start happening, or did something happen around the time of the failure which might account for it?

Oh!
Well, it just started happening, as far as I know.
When a disk is inserted, it says that the device is not ready or is asks to format the disk.

The drive light stays off. Right now, the coach has it so that he can take attendence...

But other than that, I have no ideas. This clear up anything?

OK, just to recap:

1. You've tried different drives, all with the same result.
2. You've changed the cable.
3. You get the drive not ready/format disk errors.
4. You're BIOS seems to recognize that a floppy drive is attached.

If all of the above is true, I'd go back to dmbfan819's hunch about a driver issue. If you go into Device Manager, is the drive reported to be working correctly there?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.