Hi there,

I've got an old Toshiba Satellite 2400 and my son pulled it off the kitchen table on me today. Now it won't turn on. I'm still getting the green indicator light telling me that power is going to the machine, however, when I push the power button, the green power indicator turns to a flashing yellow light. That's it.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do. I'd like to at least get some photos off the hard drive that I haven't had the chance to back up yet. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

scan for any virus in your system

I WOULD scan for viruses IF the computer would start up. But it doesn't, so I can't.

can u remove the battery pack, and the cmos batter for a few hours, then inset and try restarting. also connect an external monitor ans switch it the external mon, if u get pic then the mon conn to the lcd screen might be damaged.

I've tried powering up with and without the battery in. I've also tried leavin it unplugged and without battery for acouple of hours too. Connecting an external monitor is also not an option as the computer is not powering up.

according to the manual for the laptop that light flashing yellow indicate that the pc is in standby,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.