I have dual monitors. They are working great. I have a Graphic card with two places. But whats better then dual monitors? how about 3?

I need some help though.

I have a dual monitor graphic card. Can I just put another graphic card in? with, say one more spot for one more monitor? or maybe 2 more spots?

But my question is. Could I Just add another Graphic card in for another monitor?

Or Do i have to buy a different graphic card and replace the one I already have in?

aka, how Can I get a third monitor working?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

But my question is. Could I Just add another Graphic card in for another monitor?

yes ,do a google search on installing 3rd monitor

I guess it could work, having three or four monitors. But you would need some sort of software to send the right part of the desktop to the right monitor.
That i think would be your greatest challenge in setting it up.

I guess it could work, having three or four monitors. But you would need some sort of software to send the right part of the desktop to the right monitor.
That i think would be your greatest challenge in setting it up.

you need software for 2 monitors ,i did this once and found a trial piece of software through a google search ,i would assume the he has software all ready as windows does nothing for dual monitors.

got lots of money check this out .
http://www.multimonitor-cubix.com/?gclid=CLrozLSW-48CFSSaZQodwg0kLw

DualHead2Go comes with software ('Matrox PowerDesk') to manage your desktop, window pop-ups, etc.

windows can natively support up to 10 monitors. All you'd have to do is add in a third graphics card and install the drivers. No, they don't sell cards that support 3 monitors, that's just stupid. You could get dual nvidia 8800's for four monitors, that would be really nice, and expensive. But any card should work.

Sorry guys, I've been out for a couple of days.

Thanks everyone, Each one helped in a way that was needed.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.