Hello,

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L7320 with an Intel celeron M 1.7ghz, I was hoping to upgrade to an Intel Pentium M 3.6ghz but I don't know if my motherboard will hack it.

I can't find any model number on the mobo, and after running Belarc and Everest they only tell me that the motherbaord is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo L7320!

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

laptop?

Sorry, yes its a laptop.

replacing a laptops cpu with a faster one is a bad idea as it is tailored exactly for the amount of heat the lower CPU makes, so will overheat

Thats what Fujitsu Siemens had told me bought I thought it may just be a cover up to get me to buy a whole new machine instead of upgrading. Thanks for the confirmation.

On the same subject, if I couldn't replace the CPU I was planning on still removing the heatsink to apply new thermal compound to try and rule out a possble problem I have.

The heatsink I have has 3 spring loaded screws holding it in place which I can not budge. Any ideas on how I can get them out?

they might be clips that have to be released from the back of the mobo

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.