This Dell laptop randomly dies with vertical alternating Blue/Black stripes on display. Power off button only solution. Powers back up and runs normally until it decides to die again. When it occurs while running MS Word, work is saved and available after restart. Usually use with battery pack plugged in to maintain charge. Machine is 2 months old with less than 30 hours use. Any ideas? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

if it's only 2 months old, you should be in touch with dell. it makes more sense to use the warranty as opposed to tearing into your computer and potentially voiding it.

You're right Madoverclocker!

However, have you ever calculated the cost of waiting on hold to exercise the warranty?Even if you can afford the cost, who can afford the time? I figured I would probably have to reserve an afternoon to deal with Dell, but first thought I would check here on the outside chance that it might be software, or otherwise something I could handle.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Thanks,
--Guineu

if it's only 2 months old, you should be in touch with dell. it makes more sense to use the warranty as opposed to tearing into your computer and potentially voiding it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.