I've got an issue with my computer that I suspect is something along the lines of a trojan.BHO. I downloaded an infected file and received a pile of trouble with it but seem to have cleaned out several with the exception of whatever's causing this:

Currently apparent effects on this computer:
-1- Trying to click any link from an internet search engine automatically redirects me to a gibberish link that is usually some sort of advertisement site. Copying the address listed below the result and pasting it into the address bar allows me to bypass this problem.
-2- Loading a Wikipedia page automatically redirects me to the fake site XP Antivirus 2008. Closing the browser while this page is open gives me a message window where if I try to close it will reopen the browser and go back to XP Antivirus 2008.
-3- I'm blocked from downloading any more advanced anti-spyware/virus tools such as Hijackthis or ESET; When I click any such links, my browser says it was unable to connect to the site. I can still get them by downloading on one of the other computers and moving them to mine with a flash drive.
-4- System Restore has had all its restore points removed.

What I've done so far:
-Symantec spotted a Joke.blusod and was unable to remove it.
-Scanned with Spy Sweeper, but computer crashed before it could find anything.
-Scanned with Malwarebytes, which deleted the files for Joke.blusod and Trojan.blusod. It spotted Trojan.BHO, Trojan.Vundo, with the mlJDwUlk.dll file, but was unable to remove them.
-Used VundoFix, which found nothing. (Starting from here, all actions were taken in Safe Mode with System Restore disabled.)
-Used SDFix, which removed the mlJDwUlk.dll file, nvrsul32.dll, BNSGTEMP.TMP, and several .exe.bat files. This disabled effects 1 and 2 until my computer was restarted.
-Scanned with Malwarebytes, which found nothing.
-Used SDFix, which removed the nvrsul32.dll file. Had the same effect as last time. (The first two problems were gone until my computer was shut down at night.)
-Scanned with AVG, which found nothing. It deleted a Multimedia Fusion file and two Game Guard files.

Suspicious files which I have spotted:
-mlJDwUlk.dll (Located in System32, supposedly deleted by SDFix. I cannot find it)
-nvrsul32.dll (Located in System32, SDFix deletes this, but it seems to return on start-up.)
-CdKUBJlm.ini (Located in System32, is named like the mlJDwUlk.dll file and set to hidden as a "Protected Operating System File".)
-CdKUBJlm.ini2 (Same as above. I looked inside these files and they appear to be one long line of gibberish with lots of symbols and numbers.)

HJT LOG ==============================

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:06:36 PM, on 8/6/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Nexon\npkcmsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\wusb54gv42.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Clean Access Agent\CCAAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe
c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Gravity\RagnarokOnline\ragexe.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/dellsidebar.jsp?p=DE
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.geocities.com/vgmusicrp/VGRPArchives.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 220.72.196.70:6588
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {44576619-5BBB-426D-AE84-E791329A97CD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJBUKdC.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI" Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] "C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe" -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Clean Access Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Clean Access Agent\CCAAgent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,96/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1186302628250
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/1,0,0,26/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: npkcmsvc - INCA Internet Co., Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Nexon\npkcmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
O23 - Service: WUSB54Gv42SVC - GEMTEKS - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe

--
End of file - 11934 bytes

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. Can you attach the Malwarebytes log for us? We really need to see that. I'm going through your HJT log and will get back with you on that, but attach that Malwarebytes log ok?

Here're the two Malwarebytes logs which had results. The first is when I first scanned with Malwarebytes, the second is after that, where it would tell me to restart, but would have the exact same results when I scanned after restarting. These are both from before I used SDFix, afterwards Malwarebytes could find nothing.

Malwarebytes Log (First Scan) ==========================

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.24
Database version: 1012
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

11:27:54 PM 8/3/2008
mbam-log-8-3-2008 (23-27-54).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 60048
Time elapsed: 11 minute(s), 50 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 3
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 7
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 14

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc1p2j0et6t.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJBUKdC.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJDwUlk.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\blphc1p2j0et6t.scr (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{a625278a-ac17-4ccc-9b22-b7f699c81350} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a625278a-ac17-4ccc-9b22-b7f699c81350} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{a596175d-bbc7-476a-a152-fba652b64505} (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a596175d-bbc7-476a-a152-fba652b64505} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\mljdwulk (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\{4d25f926-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\braviax (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{a596175d-bbc7-476a-a152-fba652b64505} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lphc1p2j0et6t (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\wallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\originalwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\convertedwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\mljbukdc -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\mljbukdc -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJBUKdC.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CdKUBJlm.ini (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CdKUBJlm.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJDwUlk.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnKApno.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\blphc1p2j0et6t.scr (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc1p2j0et6t.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\phc1p2j0et6t.bmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\Local Settings\Temp\.tt9.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\Local Settings\Temp\.ttB.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\Local Settings\Temp\.ttD.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\delself.bat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\Local Settings\Temp\s1265.php (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\Local Settings\Temp\lwpwer.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Malwarebytes Scan (Pre-SDFix) ==========================

Database version: 1012

10:46:18 AM 8/4/2008
mbam-log-8-4-2008 (10-46-18).txt

Objects scanned: 59810
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 5
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{a596175d-bbc7-476a-a152-fba652b64505} (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{a596175d-bbc7-476a-a152-fba652b64505} (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\mljdwulk (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\{a596175d-bbc7-476a-a152-fba652b64505} (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJDwUlk.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Delete on reboot.

Hi Ixidor,
First of all, you are running TWO antivirus programs, AVG8 and Symantec/Norton. This is an absolute NO-NO. Presuming that the AVG8 is the free version, go to Add/Remove and Uninstall it. Then do a file search on the computer for anything AVG and delete it. IF you paid for both programs then you choose...whichever one you want to keep, keep it, but UNINSTALL the other one completely immediately. You also show you are running Zone Alarm Firewall which is fine, as long as it is the ONLY ONE firewall you are running. If you are also using the Windows Firewall, turn it off. Same rule applies to firewalls....ONLY ONE.

Now one reason Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may not have been able to remove all files, the database is out of date, current one is 1032 and yours shows 1012. I know you had to download it on another machine and then copy it to yours so that is probably the reason. Once you did have it installed did you attempt to update it? Now Malwarebytes does show it removed the files, and in fact the second log shows fewer than the first one and the ones it found are actually not exactly the same files in all cases. The two antivirus programs running also probably played a big part in this also and you need to close all unnecessary programs, including browser and Spysweeper from running while these removal programs are running.

Please re-enable System Restore if possible. One thing we prefer here is You will need to flush your restore points AFTER the fixing process has been completed to ensure that no malware is preserved. An infected System Restore is better than NO system restore. Plus a program like Malwarebytes WILL clean out infected files from System Restore.

Do you have the SDFix logs?

Please run HJT again and place a checkmark next to the following entries;
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/dellsidebar.jsp?p=DE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 220.72.196.70:6588
(this traces to kornet.net) Is this your ISP? If NOT place a checkmark next to this one.

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {44576619-5BBB-426D-AE84-E791329A97CD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJBUKdC.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe

Once you have placed the checkmarks then click the Fix Checked button.
Exit HJT.
Reboot and run a new HJT scan and post the log here.

Alright, here's what I've done:

• Uninstalled AVG and rebooted as it told me to.
  • Windows Firewall has been disabled ever since I installed ZoneAlarm.
  • System Restore is on.
  • Ran Hijackthis and fixed the entries specified. MySearch.myway.com wasn't removed. (The AVG entries were already gone due to the uninstall.)
  • Checked Malwarebytes, and it's now capable of updating and updated to 1032.
  • Scanned with Malwarebytes and found numerous Trojan.Agent files. Malwarebytes told me to restart to finish deletion of some of the files.
  • Scanned again with Malwarebytes, found nothing.
  • Ran Hijackthis again to check if MySearch.myway.com still couldn't be removed. It could not, so I looked it up and it appears to come preinstalled with some Dell computers. (This computer is a Dell.)

It appears the negative effects on my computer have been removed. I can use search engines, load sites that were previously blocked, use Wikipedia, and my browsers aren't eating up double the memory anymore.

Now for the mass of logs... Two of SDFix, one for the final Hijackthis, and one for the Malwarebytes' scan after I was able to update it.

SDFix Log (First time) ===================================

[b]SDFix: Version 1.212 [/b]
Run by Ixranin on Mon 08/04/2008 at 01:32 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

[b]Checking Services [/b]:

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

[b]Checking Files [/b]: 

Trojan Files Found:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mlJDwUlk.dll - Deleted
C:\BNSGTEMP.TMP - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\atmadm2.exe.bat - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\bindsrv2.exe.bat - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwpwer.exe.bat - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\vistasp1.exe.bat - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\bindsrv2.exe.bat  - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwpwer.exe.bat  - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\removalfile.bat  - Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\Ixranin\LOCALS~1\Temp\s1265.php.bat  - Deleted
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvrsul32.dll - Deleted

Removing Temp Files

[b]ADS Check [/b]:

[b]Final Check [/b]:

disk not found c:\

please note that you need administrator rights to perform deep scan

[b]Remaining Services [/b]:

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\mIRC\\mirc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\mIRC\\mirc.exe:*:Enabled:mIRC"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe:*:Enabled:HP Software Update Client"
"C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Instant Messenger"
"D:\\EdgeOfChaos.exe"="D:\\EdgeOfChaos.exe:*:Enabled:Edge of Chaos Autorun"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dplaysvr.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dplaysvr.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft DirectPlay Helper"
"C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\EdgeOfChaos.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\EdgeOfChaos.exe:*:Enabled:Edge of Chaos Autorun"
"C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\bin\\release\\loader.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\bin\\release\\loader.exe:*:Enabled:Independence War 2 Loader"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Age of Empires II\\age2_x1\\AGE2_X1.ICD"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Age of Empires II\\age2_x1\\AGE2_X1.ICD:*:Enabled:Age of Empires II Expansion"
"C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\btdownloadgui.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\btdownloadgui.exe:*:Enabled:btdownloadgui"
"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE"="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE:*:Enabled:Internet Explorer"
"C:\\Program Files\\Taldren Software Inc\\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\\StarFleetOP.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Taldren Software Inc\\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\\StarFleetOP.exe:*:Enabled:Starfleet Command - Orion Pirates"
"C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe:*:Enabled:æTorrent"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe:*:Enabled:LimeWire"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ZoneLabs\\avsys\\ScanningProcess.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ZoneLabs\\avsys\\ScanningProcess.exe:*:Enabled:Kaspersky AV Scanner"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger (Phone)"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe:*:Enabled:avgupd.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLacsd.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\ACS\\AOLDial.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\America Online 9.0\\waol.exe:*:Enabled:AOL"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger"
"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Live Messenger (Phone)"

[b]Remaining Files [/b]:

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

[b]Files with Hidden Attributes [/b]:

Wed  1 Sep 2004        54,384 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolphx.exe"
Wed  1 Sep 2004       156,784 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe"
Wed  1 Sep 2004        31,344 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\RBM.exe"
Thu 27 Sep 2007             0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\cf7ced0e70c80a1e476f1abf49afecb1\BIT75.tmp"
Thu  8 May 2008             0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\fd0264849c01086f3c6b505dc02dbd44\BIT7.tmp"
Wed 15 Oct 2003        31,232 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Homework\~WRL0826.tmp"
Sun 23 May 2004        27,136 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Homework\~WRL1394.tmp"
Fri 21 May 2004        23,040 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Homework\~WRL3713.tmp"
Thu  1 Jan 2004        29,696 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Stories (Public)\Stories (Non-Public)\Temples of Power-Third Age\~WRL0463.tmp"
Wed 31 Dec 2003        28,672 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Stories (Public)\Stories (Non-Public)\Temples of Power-Third Age\~WRL1254.tmp"
Sun 30 Nov 2003        24,576 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Stories (Public)\Stories (Non-Public)\Temples of Power-Third Age\~WRL1857.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch10\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch5\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch6\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch7\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch8\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch9\lock.tmp"

[b]Finished![/b]

SDFix Log (All following attempts) ===================================

[b]SDFix: Version 1.212 [/b]
Run by Ixranin on Thu 08/07/2008 at 09:33 PM

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
Running From: C:\SDFix

[b]Checking Services [/b]:

Restoring Default Security Values
Restoring Default Hosts File

Rebooting

[b]Checking Files [/b]: 

Trojan Files Found:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvrsul32.dll - Deleted

Removing Temp Files

[b]ADS Check [/b]:

[b]Final Check [/b]:

disk not found c:\

please note that you need administrator rights to perform deep scan

[b]Remaining Services [/b]:

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\authorizedapplications\list]
"C:\\Program Files\\mIRC\\mirc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\mIRC\\mirc.exe:*:Enabled:mIRC"
"C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\HP\\HP Software Update\\HPWUCli.exe:*:Enabled:HP Software Update Client"
"C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AIM\\aim.exe:*:Enabled:AOL Instant Messenger"
"D:\\EdgeOfChaos.exe"="D:\\EdgeOfChaos.exe:*:Enabled:Edge of Chaos Autorun"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dplaysvr.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\dplaysvr.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft DirectPlay Helper"
"C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\EdgeOfChaos.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\EdgeOfChaos.exe:*:Enabled:Edge of Chaos Autorun"
"C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\bin\\release\\loader.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Infogrames\\Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos\\bin\\release\\loader.exe:*:Enabled:Independence War 2 Loader"
"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Age of Empires II\\age2_x1\\AGE2_X1.ICD"="C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Games\\Age of Empires II\\age2_x1\\AGE2_X1.ICD:*:Enabled:Age of Empires II Expansion"
"C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\btdownloadgui.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\BitTorrent\\btdownloadgui.exe:*:Enabled:btdownloadgui"
"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE"="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE:*:Enabled:Internet Explorer"
"C:\\Program Files\\Taldren Software Inc\\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\\StarFleetOP.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Taldren Software Inc\\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\\StarFleetOP.exe:*:Enabled:Starfleet Command - Orion Pirates"
"C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\uTorrent\\utorrent.exe:*:Enabled:æTorrent"
"C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\LimeWire\\LimeWire.exe:*:Enabled:LimeWire"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ZoneLabs\\avsys\\ScanningProcess.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ZoneLabs\\avsys\\ScanningProcess.exe:*:Enabled:Kaspersky AV Scanner"
"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe:*:Enabled:iTunes"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgemc.exe:*:Enabled:avgemc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgupd.exe:*:Enabled:avgupd.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\domainprofile\authorizedapplications\list]

[b]Remaining Files [/b]:

File Backups: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

[b]Files with Hidden Attributes [/b]:

Wed 30 Jul 2008     1,429,840 A.SHR --- "C:\Install Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDUpdate.exe"
Wed 30 Jul 2008     4,891,984 A.SHR --- "C:\Install Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
Wed 30 Jul 2008     1,829,712 A.SHR --- "C:\Install Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe"
Wed  1 Sep 2004        54,384 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolphx.exe"
Wed  1 Sep 2004       156,784 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe"
Wed  1 Sep 2004        31,344 A..H. --- "C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\RBM.exe"
Thu 27 Sep 2007             0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\cf7ced0e70c80a1e476f1abf49afecb1\BIT75.tmp"
Thu  8 May 2008             0 A..H. --- "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\fd0264849c01086f3c6b505dc02dbd44\BIT7.tmp"
Wed 15 Oct 2003        31,232 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Homework\~WRL0826.tmp"
Sun 23 May 2004        27,136 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Homework\~WRL1394.tmp"
Fri 21 May 2004        23,040 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Homework\~WRL3713.tmp"
Thu  1 Jan 2004        29,696 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Stories (Public)\Stories (Non-Public)\Temples of Power-Third Age\~WRL0463.tmp"
Wed 31 Dec 2003        28,672 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Stories (Public)\Stories (Non-Public)\Temples of Power-Third Age\~WRL1254.tmp"
Sun 30 Nov 2003        24,576 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\My Documents\Texts\Stories (Public)\Stories (Non-Public)\Temples of Power-Third Age\~WRL1857.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch10\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch5\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch6\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch7\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch8\lock.tmp"
Sat 10 Feb 2007             8 A..H. --- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GTek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch9\lock.tmp"

[b]Finished![/b]

Hijackthis Log ===================================

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:54:17 PM, on 8/7/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16674)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Nexon\npkcmsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WUSB54Gv42.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DoScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgalry.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Ixranin\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = [url]http://www.dell4me.com/myway[/url]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = [url]http://mysearch.myway.com/jsp/dellsidebar.jsp?p=DE[/url]
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url]http://www.geocities.com/vgmusicrp/VGRPArchives.html[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896[/url]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [url]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157[/url]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = [url]http://www.dell4me.com/myway[/url]
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DMXLauncher] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\DMXLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Component Manager] "C:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] "C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI" Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Install Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] "C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe" -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Clean Access Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Clean Access Agent\CCAAgent.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: QuickBooks Update Agent.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate\qbupdate.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} - [url]http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcinsctl/4,0,0,96/mcinsctl.cab[/url]
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - [url]http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1186302628250[/url]
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} - [url]http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/mcgdmgr/1,0,0,26/mcgdmgr.cab[/url]
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - [url]http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab[/url]
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\AOLacsd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Definition Watcher (DefWatch) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMon) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaantmon.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: npkcmsvc - INCA Internet Co., Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Nexon\npkcmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SAVRoam (SavRoam) - symantec - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\SavRoam.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
O23 - Service: WUSB54Gv42SVC - GEMTEKS - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe

--
End of file - 10568 bytes

Malwarebytes Log ===================================

Database version: 1032

11:09:54 PM 8/7/2008
mbam-log-8-7-2008 (23-09-54).txt

Objects scanned: 41005
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 42 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Files Infected: 8

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssadw.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\tdssdata (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\tdss (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tdssserv (Rootkit.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdsslog.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\tdss1ee8.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssadw.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssl.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssmain.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssinit.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tdssservers.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tdssserv.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Ok, looks good. One thing I would advise is to download and install SpywareBlaster
It is really a MUST HAVE program. It is FREE and great thing about this program it DOES NOT run in the background but it absolutely protects the computer by doing the following;

Prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
Blocks spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Restricts the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

Download, install, update and then enable all and close the program. That's it.
Just remember to manually update and enable new items weekly.
You also need to update your Java program. You are currently running version 6 update 1, newest version is version 6 update 7.
Go HERE Choose the Offline Install program. Save it to the desktop. Once that has downloaded then close out your browsers. Go to Add/Remove and Uninstall ALL previous versions that you find. Once you have done that then install the New version by double clicking that install file on the desktop. Once it installs then go HERE to verify the new version has been correctly installed.
Finally, set a new System Restore point by disabling System Restore, wait a minute and then turn it back on.

Alright, thanks for helping me sort out that issue.

I have an old version of Spyware Blaster installed which I can update. A friend was recommending Spybot Search & Destroy though, any idea what the difference between the two is?

Alright, thanks for helping me sort out that issue.

I have an old version of Spyware Blaster installed which I can update. A friend was recommending Spybot Search & Destroy though, any idea what the difference between the two is?

Spybot is an EXCELLENT program. It is a great FREE scanner, remover program. I highly recommend it. You can download the newest version HERE Save it to the desktop. Double click to install. Be sure that youDO NOT to enable the TeaTimer portion of the program, it frankly is more trouble than it is worth and can interfere with removal of nasty items should the case arrive. Once you have it installed then be sure to update it. Keep it manually updated each week and once it is updated then always remember to do a full scan with it. Once the scan is finished then have it remove any critical items it finds.
Now, as for the difference between SpywareBlaster and Spybot...a lot. SpywareBlaster is a protection program, no scanning involved, just install, update weekly, enable new protections and close the program. Be sure to enable protection for Internet Explorer AND Firefox if you use that browser also. Plus, Enable the Restricted Sites portion of SpywareBlaster too.
When you scan with Spybot for the first time it is likely you will find a lot of items it should remove BUT after that, if you also have SpywareBlaster on the computer the items Spybot will find in it's scans will be much less.
A good antivirus program, firewall, Spybot and SpywareBlaster all work very well together and will help to keep the computer safe.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.