Is this a good anti-spyware? Anyone know if it's worth it? It's the type of one where you have to buy it from the store. Is this as good as Spybot or Ad Aware?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I have heard of and it is said to be good .
Why buy one whem Spy-bot and ad-Aware Are Free ,and do a great job of cleaning spyware from computer ,and Spy-Bots imunize keeps them away .
,and when used along with SpywareBlasters and SpyGuard and IE-Spyad, That block spyware and ActiveX and Browser hijackers . and are also Free.
This is a link from my signature to these free programs and i use all 5 ,and have no problems with spyware ,Im on Cable and its left on all day ,and night sometime downloading Movies and Stuff!!

http://subratam.org/?page=software&part=Spyware-preventions

I have heard of and it is said to be good .
Why buy one whem Spy-bot and ad-Aware Are Free ,and do a great job of cleaning spyware from computer ,and Spy-Bots imunize keeps them away .
,and when used along with SpywareBlasters and SpyGuard and IE-Spyad, That block spyware and ActiveX and Browser hijackers . and are also Free.
This is a link from my signature to these free programs and i use all 5 ,and have no problems with spyware ,Im on Cable and its left on all day ,and night sometime downloading Movies and Stuff!!

http://subratam.org/?page=software&part=Spyware-preventions

MajorGeeks is another reputable site where you can download the (free) programs caperjack mentioned, as well as many others.

BTW caperjack: you said "SpyGuard"; I think you meant SpywareGuard, yes?

MajorGeeks is another reputable site where you can download the (free) programs caperjack mentioned, as well as many others.

BTW caperjack: you said "SpyGuard"; I think you meant SpywareGuard, yes?

Yes SpywareGuard ,sorry for the typo.
MajorGeeks is a very good site ,my links go right to the maker of the software !If you can't trust them who can you trust .!:) LOL

my links go right to the maker of the software !If you can't trust them who can you trust .!:) LOL

Definitely true. I only posted the MajorGeeks link due to the fact that sometimes the maker's sites can't be always be reached. For example- do you remember those times in the past where sites like spywareinfo and computercops essentially got shut down due to DDOS attacks from the wonderful people who write the malware we're fighting? [img]http://www.stevewolfonline.com/Downloads/DMR/Visuals/angryfire.gif[/img]

Good point !

Good point !

Do you remember those attacks as well? IIRC, it took Merijn's site ages to get out from under the hit he took.

Oh well- if someone like Merijn is p***ing off the marketeers that badly, we all must be doing something right here. :mrgreen:

Is this a good anti-spyware? Anyone know if it's worth it? It's the type of one where you have to buy it from the store. Is this as good as Spybot or Ad Aware?

Sarah, Spysweeper is a legitimate/licensed program, but as mentioned previoulsy, there are free alternatives that are just as good.

If you ever have questions about the validity of spyware programs, check them out at this site:
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

Thanks everyone!

I'll get that other one that I"ve never heard of before (IE-Spypad).

Thank yoU!

You're welcome :)

Just keep in mind that like anti-virus programs, anti-spyware utilities are only fully effective if you check for and install updates on a regular basis...

Thanks everyone!

I'll get that other one that I"ve never heard of before (IE-Spypad).

Thank yoU!

Ie -Spyware is not a spyware scan program ,it only an App that install 5000 sites to you restricted sites Settings in IE and The registry ,I will suggest you get both Spy-Bot and AD-Aware. and may I suggest SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster also .I use all of the above mentioned programs includinf IE-Spyadd,and have for the past few yrs ,with great success!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.