Hello all,

I have a nasty spyware/adware problem on my PC. I have IE, Firefox, opera installed on it. For about more than 6 months this PC is having the problem of IE starting up with some web site whenever I browse usig any browser (Firefox, IE, opera). Some times the web pages that open up are related to my searches using other browsers.

This is so nasty that I can't find the root of problem despite running Spyware SD, adware, McAfee virus protection all set up and frequently used to scan. Spyware and Adware are unable to fix some registry entries. They complain it to be dangerous but can't fix. I can't delete the files/registry entries as those are windows system files (core.sys)

I even deleted IE and ran without it for 4 months and reinstalled recently. The problem comes back. I suspect there is some program that is running that is causing only IE to start up with specific web site. Also this program knows what I am searching.

This problem could be comon and known to many. But I can't find right solution. PLease help fixing this. (While I am writing this IE started 5 times with different web pages. No, those don't seem to be pop up ads from one web site.)

Thank you
Vamsi

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You couldn't have deleted Internet Explorer it is a key part of the Windows Operating system. You may not have used it but it was there. Do the following;
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBA-M) to your Desktop.

* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.
Post back here with that log.

malwarebytes should fix your issue but if it comes back after a few reboots then I would check hidden devices in device manager -- go to non-plug 'n' play section and look for tdsserv -- if it's there disable it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.