DMR, is "twiddle" a professional term? :p just kiddin. the error i get is "cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk." let me know what you think i should do. Thank you for helping me :D

Of course twiddle is a professtional term; it's what you use to fix the thingy.

I've never had a need to use this program (MoveOnBoot), but I've seen crunchie recommend it and it usually seems to work:
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

**Merry Christmas!**

:eek: the files arent there in normal mode now. can i use this "thingy" in safe mode? cuz if not... im gonna throw the computer in the snow lol Merry Christmas you guys :)

Like I said, I've never used it, but I'm sure it will work in Safe Mode. Before you download it though, go into Safe Mode and see if they're still there -- I have a feeling they won't be.

How did I get a 't' in professional? :confused:

DMR, is "twiddle" a professional term?

Of course it is. Twiddling is a well-documented form of Frobnication. :mrgreen:

Well, you computer geniuses can twiddle you computers and frob your knobs all you want... I DONT WANNA KNOW ABOUT IT lol ok my strawberry files are BACK in normal mode and that program wont let me delete them... it only goes to my temporary internet file folder and wont get into the content.ie5... i tried adding it to the address but when i try to delete... the content.ie5 is not part of the folder... which in summ. its gonna make me delete my temp. internet folder :eek: idk if thats wise or not hehe. also, can i delete the crap in that temp. internet folder too? theres a lot...

does antivirus software ever accidentally lock your own access to certain files?

my strawberry files are BACK in normal mode and that program wont let me delete them...

Is it possible that the files are being generated by a legit program you have installed? Malicious infections aren't the only programs which auto-create files, and if the "strawberries" are benign we probably shouldn't waste time on them. While I would think that you would be able to delete them if they we harmless, they do look like they're related to some sort of online shopping catalog or similar.

can i delete the crap in that temp. internet folder too? theres a lot...

Yes, you can. The cruft that builds up in there isn't vital. ;)

Well, hehe that would make sense... idk they dont seem to be doing harm since nasties arent comin up on my computer... i just dont like stubborn programs as much as you do... and DMR dont try to dazzle me with ur computer jargon... i am still trying to recover from that frob sentence i witnessed lol :p

i am still trying to recover from that frob sentence i witnessed lol :p

Ah yes- Frobnication is definitely not for the faint of heart; you're lucky to have made it out of that link alive... :mrgreen:

I agree about the "stubborn programs" bit; if it were my machine, I'd be digging around in it until I found out exactly what those files are, malicious or not. Unfortunately, since I'm not sitting in front of your computer I can't offer you any more help along those lines.

Oh, and as for this:

does antivirus software ever accidentally lock your own access to certain files

Accidentally? I've never seen it happen personally, but that certainly doesn't mean it couldn't. The only circumstance I can think of which might be slightly related would be with infected files which an AV program has quarantined, but that doesn't seem to apply here.

Ah yes- Frobnication is definitely not for the faint of heart; you're lucky to have made it out of that link alive... :mrgreen:

I agree about the "stubborn programs" bit; if it were my machine, I'd be digging around in it until I found out exactly what those files are, malicious or not. Unfortunately, since I'm not sitting in front of your computer I can't offer you any more help along those lines.

Oh, and as for this:

Accidentally? I've never seen it happen personally, but that certainly doesn't mean it couldn't. The only circumstance I can think of which might be slightly related would be with infected files which an AV program has quarantined, but that doesn't seem to apply here.

thanks for the reassurance. i hav had a file lock up on me and i thought that it was from the antivirus software.....

ok well thank you so much for your help DMR and dlh (once again) i am sure i will need ur superior computer skills for something else in the future :P have a good new years guys :cheesy:

Happy New Year, Ravengal!! :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.