Can someone help me to get rid of TrojanDownloader:Win32/Renos.EE. I've been so problematic about this virus. I already use Windows Defender to scan my computer it it was detected and removed but its keeps comin back. Our connection is almost unstable and i think its primarily caused by the virus.

I totally need your help about this matter.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

From my experience Windows Defender isn't the greatest software for cleaning an infected PC. It does an alright job keeping the PC clean, but not so good at removal. Can you download, install, update, and run CC Cleaner, SpyBot S&D, Lavasoft Ad Aware, and/or Spy Sweeper? Try those out first. Then if you still have the troublesome trojan, post a HiJackThis log.

Hello

Can you pls do the following:

1. - Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

2. - Download hijackthis and post the log.

In your reply, post the logs (in this order):
1. - Malware Bytes Log
2. - Hijackthis Log

Thanks,

Cohen

Hello

Can you pls do the following:

1. - Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Make sure that you restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

2. - Download hijackthis and post the log.

In your reply, post the logs (in this order):
1. - Malware Bytes Log
2. - Hijackthis Log

Thanks,

Cohen

Hey! It is awesome! Thanks for your help. It definitely removed the virus! I should thank the malwarebytes!

I appreciate your help. God Bless.

Hey! It is awesome! Thanks for your help. It definitely removed the virus! I should thank the malwarebytes!

I appreciate your help. God Bless.

Can you pls post the logs, so we know there are no other problems with your computer.

Thanks,

Cohen

I have the exact same problem with this Trojan. I downloaded and installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. When I try to open it, it says 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has stopped working'. So I renamed the mbam.exe file to something different and it will open. I run a scan and it stops responding after a little while. Short of wiping the computer, I would love some help.

I am running Windows Vista Home 32-bit.

This thread is nearly 6 months old. In order to better get help it is advised that you begin your own NEW thread. Please add a scan with HJT and post that log for us in that new thread.

I have just posted my problem with the HiJack This log. The title is Help me get rid of the TrojanDownloader:Win32/Renos.EE virus.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.