I know not everyone likes noton ,there once was a time i use others ,but It got to were Iliked noton the best, so i use it ,usually the first program loaded after a fesh windows install.
I didn't load the works! just the virus protection ,it now has a trojan and work blocking feature ,why it even blocked my P2P ,until i configred it to allow it .
Also working almost like a fireWall warning me of attacks!
Im likeing it !!

I know this is about software and should maybe be in the software section but i thought i would put it here because it a security software program.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

*chokes*...

One line of code bypasses norton's "protection". Go get AVG or Trend. They're both lightweight, both value for money, and actually offer protection. If you want a firewall, use BlackICE or Sygate.

Norton is utter crap. As HV says their "protection" is extremely weak, and their applications are extremely intrusive.

BlackICE is just as bad though. Misses serious intrusions and reports things that are quite harmless.

I've had Norton for almost a year now and have never had anything get through it. Maybe I've just been lucky, but in my opinion Norton is a pretty good AV. :)

The only things I found wrong with Norton were the fact that it is a resource hog and the definitions updates had a habit of becoming corrupted and I had to reinstall Norton. After doing it about three times I threw it out :D.
I never once had a virus whilst I had it though.

Norton is utter crap. As HV says their "protection" is extremely weak, and their applications are extremely intrusive.

BlackICE is just as bad though. Misses serious intrusions and reports things that are quite harmless.

My bad about BlackICE... having said that, software firewalls are pretty worthless anyway.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.