Hey , i think i caught this viewpoint manager file or resurfaced .. plsu this NvCpl dll file starts up , well they both show up on my system config and i "rarely" go on the internet with this computer,... I try not to, cos i work with music production but i somehow got these 2 viruses... I got SpyBot ,but no adware 6.0 since they both do the same thing , from what ive heard.. My spy bot picked up 5 entries but they show up in my reg soo i didnt get rid of them yet, soo i can get approval on whats safe..thanks in advance..

hijack log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 5:43:29 PM, on 2/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NvMixerTray.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\julio\My Documents\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://runonce.msn.com/
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: ST - {9394EDE7-C8B5-483E-8773-474BF36AF6E4} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\ST\01.02.3000.1002\en-xu\stmain.dll
O2 - BHO: MSNToolBandBHO - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\MSN Toolbar\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMixerTray] C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvMixer\NvMixerTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe

spy bot log
DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-776561741-1993962763-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

--- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
2004-08-11 Includes\Cookies.sbi
2004-08-20 Includes\Dialer.sbi
2004-08-20 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
2004-08-20 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\LSP.sbi
2004-08-20 Includes\Malware.sbi
2004-08-12 Includes\Revision.sbi
2004-08-11 Includes\Security.sbi
2004-08-20 Includes\Spybots.sbi
2004-08-12 Includes\Tracks.uti
2004-08-20 Includes\Trojans.sbi

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Sticky @ the top of the forum regarding the DSO exploit.
NvCpl.dll is related to your Nvidia card.
Scan with hijackthis and tick the boxes next to all the following entries, then close all browser and explorer windows, and hit the "Fix checked" button.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

In safe mode, delete the following;

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager<----folder.

By the way, Spybot and Ad-Aware perform similar functions, but have different data bases so it is best to have both. The latest version of Ad-Aware is SE (not 6.0 as you mentioned).

Thanks Crunchie & dlh6213.. i got rid of viewpiont in hijack this.. the viewpiont manager didnt show up where it could of been located , but it seems to have relocated itself in my windows/ temps folders .. see here down below

C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Media Player\DownloadedComponents\VMgr_Win

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\viewmgr

do i still delete them in safe boot?

thanks again

Clear out your Temporary internet files and other temp files.
Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel >Internet Options.

Under the General tab click the Delete temporary internet files,
delete all Offline content as well. Clear out Cookies.

Also, go to Start > Find/search > Files or folders > in the named box, type: *.tmp and choose Edit > select all -> File > delete.

Empty/delete the entire contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. (Contents but not the folder itself.)

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\

In order to view these files you may have to select 'show hidden files/folders.' Instructions on how to here.

Empty the Recycle Bin.

Hey crunchie, sorry just wanna make sure im doing this right, ive never done the above like you suggested.. did everthing except these at the bottm.

Empty/delete the entire contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. (Contents but not the folder itself.)

in C:temp folder .. theres this easy install folder w/t easy install.exe.s
soo just delete that folder inside temp ..

C:\Windows\temp folder ... theres all these folders adobe, ccb, cookies, ftplurs,history,pft6~tmp,pft43~tmp,RarSFX0,Reason or Cubase VST and REX2,
Temporary Internet Files,viewmgr,WinAVI......plus all these html xml, dll & log files left over...soo should i delete all everything in this temp folder ?

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\

In order to view these files you may have to select 'show hidden files/folders.' Instructions on how to here.

Empty the Recycle Bin.

yeah the files dont show in temp,soo i followed the instructins to show them but..on the 2nd to last step i get this warning ...
" you have choosen to display protected operating system files (files labeled system and hidden) in windows explorer...the files are required to start & run windows. deleting or editing can make your computer inoperable. are you sure you want to display these files... " yes or no ? this safe?

Windows XP
Click Start.

Open My Computer.

Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.

Select the View Tab.

Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.

Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.

Click Yes to confirm.

Click OK.

after im done, ill practice these steps everytime on both computers.
thanks again..

It is safe to delete everything in temporary folders. Things that you use, like Adobe, will come back next time you use the program, but are only needed while the program is running.

There are some files and folders that are hidden for safety, but you need to be able to see the ones crunchie told you about in order to clean them out, so, yes, it is safe to do that. After you've cleaned the folders, you may wish to reset to 'hidden.'

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.