My Computer is killing me! its full of spyware and viruses!

First of all I cant connect to the internet at all. (Im writing this from another computer) It always sais local only. I know it not a problem with my router because I have tried connecting to other networks even with ethernet cable it always sais local only!

second, I cant access the control panel, when i click on contol panel, the window appears for a second then goes away...

third, I always get messages like "your software is not genuine"
"validate your windows onlione bla bla bal"
But my vista business is genuine! I got it pre installed when I bought my toshiba satellite pro A200! I have that little sticker on the bottom that sais its genuine!

In my list of processes I have a suspicious process "freddy52.exe"
i searched it on the internet and they say its a worm but i dont know how to remove it...

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Hi and welcome to the Daniweb forums :).

==========

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Download the update from here if you have problems.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Make sure that you restart the computer.

========================

Download HijackThis Executable from here. Save it to your desktop.
Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and then go to the format Tab and make sure that wordwrap is unchecked. Copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

the only solution is rebooting operating system, then updating latest antivirus software...

You are right, it's a worm Koobface. I don't think that manual removal is the best solution in your case. However, you may use the following removal guide or an automatic removal tool:

I recommend you to download MalwareBytes anti-malware and run it from CD or flash pen or any other removable device.

the only solution is rebooting operating system, then updating latest antivirus software...

I think not.

I recommend you to download MalwareBytes anti-malware and run it from CD or flash pen or any other removable device.

Already recommended..........with instructions for use.

Thanks for your support everyone,
Crunchie, I would very much want to try your fix but you forgot that my computer can't connect to the internet (i think the worm is causing it (freddy52.exe) )so I cant update any antivirus i install....

Also does anyone know why im getting those "your windows is not genuine" messages?

here is my hijackthis logfile:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:48:30 PM, on 9/1/2009
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16386)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe
C:\Windows\ld12.exe
C:\Windows\pp10.exe
C:\Windows\freddy52.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\T-Mobile\web'n'walk Manager\web'n'walk Manager.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
F:\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O1 - Hosts: 92.241.176.188 advanced-virus-remover2009.com
O1 - Hosts: 92.241.176.188 www.advanced-virus-remover2009.com
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.0\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HSON] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TBS\HSON.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KeNotify] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\KeNotify.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HWSetup] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\HWSetup.exe hwSetUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVPWUTIL] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Utilities\SVPWUTIL.exe SVPwUTIL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint2K\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Toshiba Registration] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysldtray] C:\Windows\ld12.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pp] C:\Windows\pp10.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysfbtray] c:\windows\freddy52.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: web'n'walk Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\T-Mobile\web'n'walk Manager\web'n'walk Manager.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\npjpi160.dll
O9 - Extra button: FlashCapture - {753BBC4B-CC73-4fb8-A5B5-CA09C804C1DD} - C:\Program Files\Flash Capture\fciext.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: eBay - {C08CAF1D-C0A3-40D5-9970-06D067EAC017} - http://www.webtip.ch/cgi-bin/toshiba/tracker_url.pl?EN (file missing)
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
End of file - 8491 bytes

Crunchie, I would very much want to try your fix but you forgot that my computer can't connect to the internet

You managed to get Hijackthis though :).

====

Can you please do the following.

===============

Can you disable Windows Defender as it may interfere with the removal process. Please leave it disabled until your PC has been given the all clear.

• Open Windows Defender
  • Click Tools
  • Click General Settings
  • Scroll down to Real Time Protection Options
  • Uncheck Turn on Real Time Protection (recommended)
  • After you uncheck this, click on the Save button
  • Close Windows Defender

===============

Run HiJackThis then:

1. Click "Open the Misc Tools Section"
2. Click "Open Process manager"

-

Next, while holding down the CTRL key, locate (if present) and click on (highlight) each of the following:

Now double-check and make sure that only those item(s) above are highlighted, then click "Kill process". Now, click "Refresh", check again, and repeat this step if any remain.

===============

Scan with HijackThis and then place a check next to all the following, if present:

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysldtray] C:\Windows\ld12.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pp] C:\Windows\pp10.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysfbtray] c:\windows\freddy52.exe

O9 - Extra button: FlashCapture - {753BBC4B-CC73-4fb8-A5B5-CA09C804C1DD} - C:\Program Files\Flash Capture\fciext.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: eBay - {C08CAF1D-C0A3-40D5-9970-06D067EAC017} - http://www.webtip.ch/cgi-bin/toshiba/tracker_url.pl?EN (file missing)

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

Now, close all instances of Internet Explorer and any other windows you have open except HiJackThis, click "Fix checked".

===============

Locate and delete the following item(s), if present. Make sure you are able to view system and hidden files/ folders:

files...

-

Note that some of these file(s)/folder(s) may or may not be present. If present, and cannot be deleted because they're 'in use', try deleting them in Safe Mode by doing the following:

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear.

Select the first option to run Windows in Safe Mode hit enter.

-

Reboot.

===============

After rebooting, rescan with hijackthis and post back a new log. Please let me know how your pc is now.

==

You may also try and get MBA-M again. Are you able to download it from another PC?

Also does anyone know why im getting those "your windows is not genuine" messages? . . . .
But my vista business is genuine! I got it pre installed when I bought my toshiba satellite pro A200! I have that little sticker on the bottom that sais its genuine

-- Do you have a Windows disc?
-- Do you have a Product Key for your copy of windows and what does it look like? (don't post the contents, just appearance) Is it that sticker you mentioned? If so, what does it look like?

Often, unscrupulous retailers will install the same copy of Windows onto multiple machines in an effort to cut corners and make extra profit. I am not saying that this has happened to you, but I did see this a lot when M$ introduced Genuine Validation.

Best Luck to you :)
PP

ok i went into hijack this, went into process manager,
killed the processes

(C:\Windows\ld12.exe
C:\Windows\freddy52.exe)

then I searched them on C: but only found freddy52.exe, I didnt find the other 2.. I think they are hidden, could you tell me how to see the hidden files?
so anyways I only found freddy52 and another one that I didnt see before called freddy49.exe so i deleted them both emptied recycle bin, restarted, looked in my running processes and freddy is gone!!! whoohoo we got rid of freddy!!
now we got the other 2 nasties to kill, I dont think I should post another hijack this scan before we destroy the other 2? or should I?

thanks evryone especially crunchy

replie to philiephan:

yea I have the product key and installation disk, I reformated with it a few times already...

the sticker, well i dont know how to describe it whithout saying the contents, it has the product key in it, is sais Microsoft, on top is sais vista bussiness edition, it also sais certificate of authicency on the side,

I dont thing toshiba is pirating windows though they are a very big corporation lol

There is a link in my last post telling how to view hidden files. It's the line where it says "View system and hidden files/ folders."

replie to philiephan:
yea I have the product key and installation disk, I reformated with it a few times already...

I dont thing toshiba is pirating windows though they are a very big corporation lol

Ok - that's not the problem.

And, no, I didn't think Toshiba was doing that. I think it is more a case of small, independent retailers looking to make an extra buck.

-- You should probably doublecheck Windows Genuine Validation software after crunchie has finished fixing you up.

Cheers :)
PP

umm the link you gave me (for wiewing hidden files) was linked to a telecom website, which didnt say anything abour wiewing hidden files, so i searched how to see hidden files on google, and I had to go to the control panel, but remember, from my first post, my control panel dosnt work...

Looks like I need to update the link :(. Sorry about that.

Go to the Start icon at the bottom left of screen and left click, then go to Help and Support. Select Troubleshooting then do a search for Hidden Files. Click on the link that the search provides and you should then get a pop up window. Go to the View Tab and change the settings as above.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.