First, thank you all for helping me and being so gracious with your time. The above-noted trojan is listed as being on my computer. I did a quarantine but I'm not exactly sure what it is.

ALSO (OFF TOPIC) -->> Can anyone recommend a REPUTABLE site to find people's email addresses?

AND does anyone have any thoughts/opinions about Spokeo? I signed up yestersday but it seems like a waste.

Thank you!!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You really need to continue with your original there here rather than begin a new one. These problems could all be related.
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread226123.html

AND does anyone have any thoughts/opinions about Spokeo?

Know absolutely nothing about it but looking at their front page, probably not something you want to do based on problems listed in your original thread. Why lower yourself to somebody else's level? Move on, up and forward.

I hear what you are saying and such things have never crossed my mind let alone been any part of my nature, but I feel like I need to regain some power. The other person seems to have it all currently.

I hear what you are saying and such things have never crossed my mind let alone been any part of my nature, but I feel like I need to regain some power. The other person seems to have it all currently.

Doing the same things the other person is accused of doing is not regaining power, it is dropping to their low level and therefore giving them more power because it proves them right in their mind...that the person they are stalking cannot be trusted & so deserves to be stalked. You cannot claim you have been wronged if you are doing the exact same things as it gives that person to make the same claims against you...and be right about it.
What they have been doing can possibly be considered illegal, certainly amoral, fighting back in the same way could also be considered illegal and amoral. The laws would make no distinction...if it is illegal and amoral for "A" then the same is illegal and amoral for "B", even if "B" was wronged first.
Write off this person, this cuts the power, and move foreward not backward. The more often you react to their actions tells them they DO have the power. Cut the ties, communication...EVERYTHING....forget retribution and move on...then their power is totally lost. It shows them they have no holds on you whatsoever. In order to keep power a person must keep hold...nothing to hold...no power.

You are right, of course. I've been told by many people I have given away my power to this person and that by not reacting, I will gain it back. Thank you for the sound advice.

I will get back to the *real* issue, and that is fixing my desktop. Might you have seen "crunchie's" comment about the web camera in my other post (the original one)? I don't understand what this Web Camera remote control (followed by what appears to possibly be a VPN host?) means. Does it mean he is using an internal web cam to monitor me? Does that line of code mean it is still there?

Thank you.

Go back to your original thread for answers. Ok?

Please do not double post with the same problems.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.