Yes RipperZ things are proceeding well I think. The poster posted that older MBA-M scan because we requested the original log. If you note other scans have now been run and all were up to date. By the way, there is no need to turn off anti-virus programs when running MBA-M if that was what you were talking about when you said the av hadn't been turned off. As for the online scans some require they be turned off and others do not, depends on the scan. If they require they be turned off the user will get a warning to do so and also some scans just won't run if the onboard av is enabled, so they usually know this.

Now I am just waiting for that final HJT scan to be run before giving final instructions.

Ah I see, thanks for the update.

I would just like to thank this thread and it's contributors. I also funnily enough had a Toshiba laptop with the same popups/redirects in ie/firefox. I had tried everything I could and at least 3 different spyware/virus scanners but to no avail. Combofix was finally able to rid the problem correctly.

radmobile,I am happy that you feel things have been fixed, HOWEVER, this message is for ALL who may be viewing this thread, take heed of the warning given on BleepingComputer when attempting to use Combofix because this is the instruction given on ALL computer help forums, it is obvious that radmobile did not follow the instructions or the warning given:

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

This tool is NOT the end all and be all of computer repair. It should NEVER be used as a "regular" clean up tool. It is meant for use with specific infections. There are certain procedures which are always followed on this forum prior to running Combofix and it is generally the last resort recommendation given by the helper and that not given without considerable thought by the helper. There are also required steps which must be taken AFTER the running of Combofix, especially since Combofix cleanings are very often not complete, and other steps must then be taken, including the CORRECT removal of combofix itself, as it CANNOT and SHOULD NOT be Reused for other problems and should never be used without supervision.
Judy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.