Great - Go ahead and delete those two files.
If you are more comfortable renaming c:\windows\system32\fbhco.dll to fbhco.OLD rather than deleting it, then do that.

The other one obviously needs to go.

Other than those and this folder - c:\program files\Common Files\tya62hfb - I think you are good to go now.

How are things running?

PP:)

Oh shoot..forgot to post my notes about that folder...

tya62hfb is a hidden folder
read only
cannot view anything in the folder.
Deleted folder.

Also, im STILL getting the popup whenever i open IE7. The actual message im getting is a box with
"ONE or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either : 1) your security prevents it
2_ you have blocked a publisher of one of the controls
as a result, the page may not display correctly

My homepage is newcelica.org...im going to try and change that.

I think its gone for good. Only thing that annoys me is my antivirus sometimes pops up that i have virus in the systemrestore folder

I think its gone for good. Only thing that annoys me is my antivirus sometimes pops up that i have virus in the systemrestore folder

Great!

-- Did you adjust your security settings in IE to deal with the error message?

-- Let's remove Combofix and the files/folders it created:

• Click Start > Run
• Type or Copy&Paste ComboFix /Uninstall into the Run box. (Be sure there is a space between the x and the / if you type it)
• Click OK

This will remove Combofix and it’s components from your machine.
It will also reset your clock, re-hide System and Hidden Files and hide File Extensions.
Last, but certainly not least, doing this will reset System Restore.

Flushing System Restore will stop those AV messages.
If combofix does not uninstall properly (due to beta or that it is not on desktop) let me know.

Cheers :)
PP

The removal of Combo fix went pretty well. My anti-virus hasn't detected anything in the system restore yet. But @ the internet security, i changed my homepage to Google.com and now am not getting any pop-ups. I was reading something on another thread how registry cleaners are not good; i use 2 of them, should i not be? And also, how can i stop this from happening. My antivirus programs/scans are:

1. Advanced SystemCare (one-click approach to help protect, repair, clean, and optimize your PC. Registry Cleaner)
  2. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (run every week)
  3. PerfectDisk 2008 (defragmentation every morning)
  4. Spybot - Search & Destroy (Teatimer is disabled?)
  5. CCleaner (another registry cleaner/uninstall program)
  6. Symantec Antivirus (got free from college)

What should i uninstall/ install to get max security. BTW, i didnt buy these or have a subscription.

I was reading something on another thread how registry cleaners are not good; i use 2 of them, should i not be? And also, how can i stop this from happening. My antivirus programs/scans are:

I don't care too much for registry cleaners - often they do more harm than good and you'd be hard pressed to see any improvements after using them.
More and more people are infected by P2P stuff each day - you might consider this the new front line for malware. It is easy to infect a machine when it is inviting you to do so.... That would be the first place to take preventive measures to not get infected again.

-- A defrag every day is a bit of overkill. Even once a month is overkill in my book. Although, if you add and remove a lot of data on a regular basis, you might need to do this more often.

-- Be sure to keep your Norton up to date.
-- MBAM once a week with updated builds and definitions is a good idea.
I might replace SpybotSD with SpywareBlaster:
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
A bit of a different tool - similar to Spybot's "immunize" feature.

-- I also like Erunt as an alternative to System Restore, though using both won't hurt anything:
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

-- Some good "real-time" protection is a must. I like WinPatrol:
http://www.winpatrol.com/

I also like A-Squared, though I seem to be in the minority there. I think it is a fine product.
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

Of course, too much anti-spyware can be counter-productive. You'll need to pick and choose wisely.

Cheers :)
Pp

Thanks a ton. Computer is running at 100% now. Only problem is, it didnt delete my system restore. Hence i get spammed with "virus's found in C:\system recovery"

If you really want to stop these threats from infecting your computer on the long run, I strongly suggest you to switch to another antivirus. Norton and Symantec antivirus are useless programs. In my 20 years dealing with viruses and malware I've watched the Norton evolution from a good antivirus to a heavy and ineffective (and expensive) white elephant. It catches nothing. Uninstall all Symantec and Norton software using the windows uninstall panel, then use Norton Removal Tool to completely wipe out Norton traces and if you are confident using a registry cleaner use Comodo System Cleaner (it is safe and easy to use).
Then, install Avira antivir (if you want to spend some money buy the paid security suite). Then install the latest version of Spybot S&D, update both databases and let them scan your disk(s).

Rest assured you'll suffer no more viruses. But, please, MAKE A DONATION TO THE SPYBOT GUYS
Google all these pieces of software (they all are free but you can buy a paid version when offered)

Thanks a ton. Computer is running at 100% now. Only problem is, it didnt delete my system restore. Hence i get spammed with "virus's found in C:\system recovery"

Let's try manually flushing System Restore and see if that helps.
Just turn System Restore off and then back on as per the following linky:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405

Now, if you still get that message after doing this, we'll have to look further.....

--- Is that the exact message? C:\System Recovery is a different animal than System Restore.

PP:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.