Yes I assume to the network name, you didn't answer the Yahoo search question.
You asked how this computer got this...I don't know, probably a drive by but cannot say for certain. What it was exactly was Trojan.Zbot here is some info on it:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2010-011016-3514-99

One thing I would recommend is that you install, since you have been having continuing problems over the past few months SpywareBlaster on all your computers. It will at least keep out some of the nasties and also has a good restricted sites portion that keeps the user from even going to sites on the list. It's a great program, FREE, doesn't run in the background and does offer superb protection against spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers. Simply download, install, update and then Enable All Protection and then close the program. Do this on all of your network computers. Manually check for updates weekly and when they have updates download, install and enable.
Also I would recommend that you update and run the AV program on all machines in the network and the same goes for MBA-M. Just to be sure all are clean.
Otherwise, looks good to me. If you feel all is fixed you can mark this one solved.
Judy

Thanks Judy!

I did not see a yahoo search question. Can you ask again? I will mark solved after I answer that question just to make sure I am not missing something.

I am currently running Trend Micro for AV software and it should be up to date. It should be updating daily.

I will install Spyware Blaster on all our network terminals.

Thanks again
Scott

I only asked if your default search engine is Yahoo. That is showing in the HJT log. No biggy, just was going to have you fix it if it wasn't.

Yahoo is NOT my default search engine, google is. How do I fix that?

Thanks Judy.

Yahoo is NOT my default search engine, google is. How do I fix that?
Thanks Judy.

Open notepad and copy the below code in it :

Code:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Search Page"="http://www.google.com"
"Search Bar"="http://www.google.com/ie"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL]
""="http://www.google.com/keyword/%s"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search]
"SearchAssistant"="http://www.google.com/ie"

Now save this file as a registry file where you can easily find it, desktop is good. Give it any name and keep its extension as .reg. When saved, quit notepad and double click on this file, click on yes to add the registry entry. Reboot your machine

I will give it a try in the AM.

Thanks for your help!

ow...sorry. thank's for the info.

Open notepad and copy the below code in it :

Code:

Now save this file as a registry file where you can easily find it, desktop is good. Give it any name and keep its extension as .reg. When saved, quit notepad and double click on this file, click on yes to add the registry entry. Reboot your machine

I copied this into notepad and saved it as a .reg. When I double click on it I get an error that says "....the file is not registry script. You can only import binary registry files within the registry editor"

What am I doing wrong here?

I copied this into notepad and saved it as a .reg. When I double click on it I get an error that says "....the file is not registry script. You can only import binary registry files within the registry editor"

What am I doing wrong here?

I honestly think I gave you the wrong answer. Sorry. Try this:
Go to Tools and select Manage Add-ons.

Then select Search providers.

You'll see Microsoft Live Search and whichever options you chose during install. If that was Live Search, that's all you'll see.

Now click Find more search providers.

You'll get a list of various options. Press "Add to Internet Explorer" to add the providers you want. Each time you'll get the option to make it a default search provider, and include terms in the suggested search terms. If you don't see your favorite. Scroll to the bottom and click "Create your own search provider."

Now open a new tab, and enter the URL of the search engine you want to include. Search for the word TEST in all capital letters. Copy the URL of the search results page by highlighting it and pressing the "Windows" and "C" keys at the same time.

Now click back to the tab that says "crate your own search provider." Use the "Windows" and "V" keys to paste the URL you copied earlier into the box marked URL. Then give the search engine a name. And press Install Search Provider. If you want to make this your default search provider, check that box. Then press Add one more time.

Now when you type a keyword in the search box, icons for all the search engines you selected will show up. Just click on one with your mouse to search the keywords you typed in that engine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.