Hello, this is my first post, I am having a problem with a toolbar and blue box on IE, running off of www.lop.com and having something to do with Viewpoint folder in Program Files I believe, and I have researched it, but with my limited knowledge I thought it would be wise to post a new thread then to go off of others that may cause me to mess up my computer by doing something that my system don't like that theirs didn't mind, see where i'm coming from?

Now I have already ran AdAware SE, Spybot S&D, and my Anti-Virus software, did not fix this, they were all updated with current definitions and such. I have noticed that this toolbar runs off of iexplore.exe in the task manager, then I open up internet explorer and there are two iexpore.exe in the TM of course. I did close out of the toolbar, ended the process but it always comes back, and using resources that I would rather put to use somewhere else. So any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a HJT log HERE , I also have a print screen of what the toolbar looks like HERE Thank you. Sorry for the somewhat lengthy (in my opinion) post.

Isiah

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Download Omegakiller from here. Run the program from it's own folder and allow it to remove any malware it finds.

Thank you for the quick response, I tried that, but it doesnt seem to let me download it. I registered then logged in, but when I press Download it simply directs me to a page that says

'Access denied. We are working very hard on providing a solid, safe downloads section for all. Why not register? to get member access. It's free and your privacy remains protected. You can sign up here.'

Maybe you could attach it as a zip here, or tell me what I am possibly doing wrong to get that message. Since it is fairly small in size, maybe you could just attach it as a zip please? Thank you, and sorry if I seem snotty.

Isiah

Hi Isiah Try this instead.

First of all could you click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and uninstall 'Window Search', 'Window Searching', 'Lop.com', 'LOP SEARCH', 'Browser Enhancer', or 'Ultimate Browser Enhancer' if listed. You may be given a code to insert, do so and reboot when done. If not listed there, run the Lop Remover from:
http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/downloads.htm

Thank you so much, if I have any more problems i'll post back in this thread, but it seems to be fixed for now, again, thank you.

Isiah

You are welcome :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.